Chapter 29 - Awake & A Confession

"She should be waking up now. It has been a week..." 

"Your Majesty, I think you should let her go." 

"Are you insane?"

I let out a groan, my whole body felt stiff. My eyes are not opening. How long has it been?

"Kristy? I think we should leave them alone. We will check later, okay?" 

I heard the door open and close. "Please come back to me, Alexis. I need you..." 

This made my eyes finally open. "The Queen needs a human?" I ended up saying out loud before I watched her smile. Wow. What a beautiful smile she gave me. Am I awake now? Or am I dead? I looked at myself, noticing how strong my body was now. I was wearing a loose t-shirt, nothing else apart from the underwear. Hold on a minute, did I say that she has a beautiful smile? I don't have feelings for the Queen. 

"Yes. The Queen needs a human." she replied to me before she leaned down towards my face, before she gave me a kiss on the cheek. A tingly feeling then erupted inside of my chest. What the hell was that about?

"Your body has been mending when you were in a coma. It may not look like it, but I have actually been waiting for you to wake up for days. I am just...I am just so sorry for the things you went through." she then told me before she moved some of my hair away from my face. I really need a shower...

"I don't know what to say..." I began before Darla shushed me. "Don't say anything then, okay?" she said before I watched her get off the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked her before she took her emerald green dress off, revealing a tattoo on the top of her chest. It appeared to be a name. But what name? 

This made me sit up before slowly getting off the bed. I walked over to her before it came clear to me. The tattoo was my name. "I know this is going to overload your head, but I like you." she told me. I then looked up, basically telling her to carry on what she was saying. 

"Alexis, I like you." she told me again before I realised. She likes me? I then also realised that I haven't been doing slave work. She does care about me? This is far too much...

"I am sorry, Darla. I don't like you as a...a love interest." I stuttered at the end of the sentence before I opened the door and left without another word. I ignored that stabbing pain in my chest as I carried on walking. I can't believe she said that to me. I can't love a vampire. No way. I took a deep breath before I stopped at the shower room. I took off my shirt and underwear before I turned on the shower. Twenty minutes later, I dried myself before getting dressed again. I don't want to be around her. I hope she understands that. Too much shit has been going on. 

After the shower, I walked to the dining room before I sat down on a chair. I placed my head against the table, letting out a sigh. What do I do now? Suddenly, I felt a few taps on my shoulder, making me look up to see who it was. And it was a blonde haired female which looked like she was 30 years of age. "Would you like anything? A sandwich perhaps?" she offered. She looks human, so I gave her a weak smile as a yes. 

"I know just the sandwich that will cheer you right up." she said before she walked off to the kitchen. A few minutes later, she returned with a medium sized cheese and chicken sandwich. Oh my god, it looks so good. 

"Thank you so much. What's your name?" I asked the lady before she replied, "Sloane. What is yours?" she replied with the same question. I could actually make another friend here. 

"Alexis." I told her before I started to eat the sandwich. Sloane nodded. "You were in a coma, I heard. Bless your innocent soul. I hope I will see you again." she said to me before she left. The sandwich was like pure heaven. I haven't ate properly before. 

A few minutes later, I left the plate on the table before I saw Kristina, who was watching me this entire time. She then spread out her arms with a large smile. I am not that mean, so I just walked towards her, accepting the heart-warming hug. 

"How is Snow?" I asked her before I heard her reply, "She is doing okay at the moment. We said goodbye to her mother. There was a ceremony for her when you were in a bad state." 

Wow. I missed her funeral. I let out a deep sigh, before we pulled away from the hug. "I am sorry for the way I have been. I just don't like it here." I told her the truth, before she nodded. "I understand that." 

"Kristy? Snow needs you!" Lola called. "I gotta go. How about you be with Darla? I am sure that she is going to treat you like a princess." she said to me before I watched her go. 

Another stabbing pain was felt.