Chapter 18 - Marked On Her Birthday

Today is Grace's birthday. My little sister isn't so little anymore...it is crazy to have think that I have raised her as a 4 year old. Our mother died of a disease which we didn't know of and our father....he left us. My birthday had already been, if you are wondering, so we are not really twins even though we look like we are. I got dark blue eyes when Grace has got light blue eyes. So there is a small difference. 

I have sort of settled in now, by the way. I am finally wearing a bra again. I am also not wearing that dirty dress anymore. I can't wait to see how Grace is doing. I haven't really seen her much as Kim had been taking her on dates which I don't really mind. Everyone has to have a love life. But me...I don't want one. Relationships are really hard to handle, aren't they? 

I looked at myself in the tall, body-shot mirror. I was wearing a red and black checker-ed jacket with a grey top underneath with some green jeans and some black boots. I am not a really formal type of girl. Since I am or was a vampire hunter and all...

"Come on, Amelia! The celebration is about to start!" my sister called cheerfully from down the stairs. I gave a small smile at the mirror before I opened the bedroom door and hurried downstairs. The living room was fully decorated with different coloured balloons and a big sign which says, "Happy Birthday Grace."

Wow. Kim really cares about her. I then felt my hand connect with someone else's. I looked beside me, seeing Grace's happy face. "Happy Birthday, little sis." I told her before I pulled her into a warm hug. The hug lasted for a few seconds before we pulled away and walked over to the dining table. There was loads of birthday food and a large cake. I didn't realise that turning 17 was such a big deal. The curious side of me thinks that something is up... It is probably just me being stupid. 

I also didn't realise that my sister looked a bit pale and she was wearing a turtle-neck green top. That isn't her style at all. I then watched the candles being lit by Kim before we started to sing the classic song, Happy Birthday.

After the song, Grace leaned down before she blew out the candles. I clapped for her, then Kim joined in. A few minutes later, everyone had calmed down and finished eating the food. 

"Can I speak to you upstairs, Amelia?" Grace asked me which made me have a bit of concern. Is she okay? 

"Sure." I replied before I stood up from the chair and looked at Rebecca. She gave me a nod, telling me that it was alright. I then followed Grace upstairs and followed her into her and Kim's bedroom. 

Grace closed the door as I sat down on the bed. Then, Grace suddenly took off the horrible turtle-neck top before she turned around, facing me. She was in her white bra now. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her. I could see in Grace's eyes that she wasn't okay. Is she playing with me right now? I then automatically stood up and moved her hair out of the way...

And there it was. Kim had marked her. 

"Grace, tell me now. Why did she do this so early?" I asked her in a serious tone before she replied, "She wanted to make everyone see and know that I am hers." 

That doesn't sound like the Grace I know. "Grace? Are you under her spell again?" I asked her, even more worried about her now. 

Grace then turned her head to look at me. "What spell?" she asked me before she gave me that nice smile again. No, I can't do this. No. 

I walked towards the door before the door opened, revealing Kim. "Is everything okay?" she asked us, I had no choice but to lie. "Yeah, everything is fine." I replied before I rushed out, holding back tears. I don't know how to feel! I ran into my bedroom before slamming the door closed. I then covered my mouth before I started to cry. This special day has turned out to be a complete shock to my body. 

Half an hour later, I was now laying on my bed with a blanket over me. I watched the door open to reveal Rebecca. She knows that I am not okay. 

"You will get used to this." she said to me. I wanted to get up and slap her. But wait, her eyes were glowing purple again with a tint of dark red in them. She then started to walk towards me. My eyes widened with fear.

As she got slowly closer to me, I reached under a pillow before pulling out a wooden stake that I hand crafted. I then sat up against the bed board, holding the stake up with my right hand. 

"Don't get any closer." I warned her. But that warning was nothing to her as she was next to the bed. She then sat down.

My right hand started to shake now for some reason. Was I going mentally insane over this? Her eyes then locked with mine. Oh god. 

I watched my dangerous 'mistress' move closer to me before she touched the stake. The stake was meant to hurt her, but it didn't. She then quickly took it out of my hand within seconds, before throwing it across the room, landing on the floor. 

I continued to look at Rebecca, my right wrist started to ache as it was still raised up. It was like my body didn't know how to move. I then watched her gently grab my wrist before she pressed her lips against it. 

I then felt two sharp points go in...

The pain was actually....pleasurable. I arched my back a little, enjoying this experience. What the hell am I doing? 

A minute later, Rebecca pulled away before she smiled at me. "You taste good too. Can I have some more?" she asked.

I then smiled back at her, "Of course, mistress." I replied before I exposed my neck to her. I then closed my eyes as I felt her sink her fangs into my neck.