Chapter 13 - Glowing Eyes

Elisa's POV

I woke up the sound of the shower running. I wiped my eyes before getting up to see what Clara was doing. I want to see if she was okay after her transformation last night. I walked over to the bathroom before I saw that the door was opened a little, the whole room was humid from the shower. 

I then noticed that Clara was looking at herself in the misty mirror. "Good afternoon, little raven." I said to her, before also seeing that she didn't clean herself. I then walked closer to her before she looked at me. Her beautiful green eyes were glowing before they flashed red. 

"Sorry if I woke you up." she said before she turned to face the mirror again. "You didn't wake me at all. Why is the shower on? You do know that you are wasting water a bit?" I asked her. She then looked at me again. Why is she looking at me that way? She looked sad...I thought she was happy about being a vampire...

"When you were asleep, I...I applied for a job." she began to explain before I let her carry on, "I want to be a history teacher for the younger kids. I want to warn them too about the world being like this." she finished.

Well, this was a surprise. "Did they reply yet?" I asked her before she shook her head as a no. "How did you even apply? You don't have a phone." I then asked before she replied, "I wrote a letter. I noticed that you had newspapers which are only a few months old. So, I checked for a job in there and saw that a school needed more teachers. So I applied it." 

Okay...

"How about we clean ourselves up? Then we can talk more about this job later?" I offered before she stepped into the shower. I stepped in after her before we started to wash ourselves. During the shower, I noticed that I didn't mark her. Well, that can happen another time. I could sense that she was hungry too. But she wasn't saying anything about it. I don't know what is going on with her. 

A half an hour later, we were in the bedroom, getting dressed. Her eyes were a full on red now. "You need to feed. You are not a human anymore..." I told her before I watched her put on a loose pale blue t-shirt. I wasn't fully dressed yet. 

I continued to watch Clara carefully, before she started to walk to me. She then sat on my lap, straddling me. "What's wrong? You are not yourself." I said to her before she sank her fangs into my neck, making me gasp. I then felt her arm wrap around my waist before she started to dig her nails into my side. What the fuck? 

"I order you to stop." I tried to order her before she sank her fangs deeper into me. Okay, this isn't the Clara that I know and love. It was like her body wasn't adjusting to vampire-hood. 

A few minutes later, she pulled away before she raised her hand and slapped me across the face. I widened my eyes at her before I pinned her against the wall with a loud thud. That will teach her a lesson. "I get it that you are a new vampire, but that doesn't mean that you can just slap me and treat me like I am worthless to you. I am your MATE. Do you know what that word means?" I asked her in a deep tone. I held her tightly against the wall, wanting a answer from her. 

"A mate is someone you love and trust. And you are not my mate, you bitch. You turned me while I was asleep in hospital." Clara replied. I then hissed at her before she hissed at me back. Who the hell does she think she is?

Then, suddenly with such force, she flung me against the room, making me hit my head against the coffee table, glass going everywhere. The last image I saw was my blood hungry mate licking my wounds, drinking from them at the same time. 

// Authors Note: Looks like Clara's bad side is back...what is going to happen now? Thank you for all of the votes and support. I am typing this with a sore hip at the moment from my disco party yesterday. Til next time.