Chapter 3 - Sharing Pasts

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?" I asked the same question back at her to see how she reacts. I then moved on the bed so that I was now sitting on the edge of it, crossing my leg over the other. I then looked at Elisa. 

"I wasn't actually missing. I had to move homes so that I could be away from you. So that I couldn't hurt you while I was transforming into one of them." Elisa then said in such a honest tone that I believed her. "How did you find out that your parents were vampires?" I asked.

"I caught them feeding." she replied simply, "When they noticed that I was watching them feed on a human, my mother stopped and held out her hand to me. Then, the wonderful smell hit me. It turned out that I was a vampire without knowing." 

I widened my eyes in shock again. "Now that I told you, how did you become...,"

A slave?" I finished the question before she nodded. 

I then let out a small sigh. "I saw that they engraved a number on your wrist. Why?" she asked.

"I honestly can't remember. I was tortured so many times." I told her quietly. Elisa then moved closer to me. She then wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist, hugging her back. 

"Don't say anymore about it. You are safe now. With me." she whispered in my ear. I then started to quietly sob against her chest. She started to smooth my messy dark brown hair. I noticed that she also cut it shorter for me. 

A few hours later, we were in the living room together. I felt really safe with Elisa, even though she has got a different side now. I hope to never see that side again. I don't want to be a meal to her. She is my best friend, right?

"I like you more as a friend, you know that?" I heard her say as a question. Oh, I forgot that she was a lesbian. 

"I told you, I don't like girls that way..." I told her before I saw her eyes flash a dark red before returning to their normal blue. 

"You don't know that, little birdie." she said before she pressed her lips against my left cheek. Then, I found my cheeks getting warm, meaning that I was blushing...

"Remember that time where you rejected me to have a dance with you at prom?" she asked me. I nodded.

"Well, will you reject me again if I want to have a dance with you on the blood moon?"