Chapter 2 - Elisa

"Wake up, little birdie." I heard the woman whisper in my ear which made my eyes open. I was in a bedroom now, the lights were dull and pretty. That was how I liked it before my time came to be a slave. I looked around the room, exploring it a little. The room was painted a light purple and the floor was made of wood. The bed that I was laying on was so soft that it made me want to fall asleep again. I am still tired, even though I had the best sleep I had in a while. 

I rubbed my eyes a little, trying to wake up a bit more. My stomach then growled before I started to smell something delicious. "Sit up, little birdie." 

Why is she calling me that? I let out a small groan before sitting up. I looked at the woman who's eyes were more familiar than ever. Elisa had those perfect blue eyes. I miss her so much. I hope she is still alive. I watched the woman place a black tray on my lap which had apple juice and some buttered toast. I know it is simple, but that is how I liked it. Some things are starting to click on my mind. I started to eat the food while this familiar woman was staring at me, studying me. 

Once I finished my breakfast, I placed the tray onto the side table before I noticed that I was clean and dressed in a light yellow night gown. This was Elisa's favourite colour. My eyes then started to widen with realisation. 

I couldn't make my mouth move to say something. I was realising that this woman was indeed Elisa. 

"It's not true." I finally said, but they were not the words I was thinking of saying. 

Elisa nodded. She then opened her mouth to say something before I stopped her, "Elisa, it's not you. You were missing for...how many years?" 

"Since you were 13." Elisa replied before she sat on the edge of the bed. She was fiddling with the bottom of her t-shirt.

"And they made me think that you were gone forever?" I asked.

"Who?" she asked back.

"The bullies. Whitney, Sam and Victoria." I replied. 

"I drained them dry." Elisa said, now facing away from me. Oh my god. My best friend is a murderer and a vampire.

"I don't know what to say anymore about you. You broke our trust." I then told her. 

I then watched Elisa turn to look directly at me. Her eyes were changing to a dark red. 

"Well, I am sorry that my parents kept a secret from me about them being vampires." she said to me in a low tone. She then moved closer to me. I then watched her lick her lips.

"Where are your parents now?" I asked her. 

"Dead. I staked them." she said before she inhaled my blood scent. Then, she pinned me against the bed board within seconds, I didn't even have time to react. 

My heart rate shot up. I then started to struggle from her grip on my wrists. I have never been bitten before. "One taste won't hurt, right?" she then whispered in my ear again.

"Get off me."  I immediately replied, still struggling. Then, I watched her force herself away from me, letting go of me completely. Her eyes then changed blue again, they were glowing too. She was also panting lightly before she smiled at me.

"She likes you." she told me, almost like as a warning which made me have a shiver down my spine. 

"I don't like your other side at all. She seems too seductive and dangerous." 

"Well, she may make a feast out of you, that's for sure." Elisa said with a bit of a laugh. It's not funny at all. It is terrifying. 

"So then, tell me about yourself, little birdie."