51. Panic

its short again i know.... but sometimes its good to be short, ziada berdasht nai hota :( 

51. PANIC

The door was wide open and I could hear noises….. I stepped inside when my eyes went wide to see Hussain in front of me in…. in hand cuffs??

“What is this going on?” I asked going near them, where I found almost everyone was standing, Mom was into tears and Dad was holding her from her shoulders.

“Shehry bhai!.....” Maha suddenly ran to me and hugged me, wrapping her arms around my waist….. “Shehry bhai! they are taking Sain bhai with them…. Please stop them” I looked down at her teary face unable to say anything.

“Officer you can not take him without legal notice….and you don’t have any evidence” Waqas said who was standing with Hussain. My gaze went to Hussain, he was standing as if he had lost everything. Silent, saying nothing just looking at his hands.

“we have evidences Waqas sahab” an alien voice made me turn around and I saw a man entering inside with some papers in his hands.

“you stay out of it Shehroz, am warning you” Waqas glared at him who had a smirk on his face….. this is Shehroz? Mannat’s fiancée? I mentally punched him on his face.

“oh! Am scrared….” Shehroz acted and I rolled my eyes.

“you brought the police?” I asked him looking into his eyes and he looked back into mine.

“I did…..he didn’t leave me with any other option” he said looking at Hussain, who was still looking at his hands as if he was in some trance…. I got scared with that look on his face. what was going on in his mind…..

“What evidence you have? what are you talking about?” Suddenly Dad came forward, leaving Mom with Mami and Phuppo. I could see grave expressions on their faces…..

“You must be his father…. I wonder how could you let your son do that?”Shehroz said to dad who frowned at him.

“seedhi terha batao, stop playing with words, my son can never do anything wrong…. Mere bachey ghuroor hen mera” Dad glared at him and said firmly… while Shehroz chuckled sarcastically. What was he up to?

“ye lijiye… khud he dekh lijiye apke ghuroor ke karnamey” Shehroz spatted looking at Hussain while extending some papers towards Dad and I froze in my place… I just hope this is not what I was thinking.

Dad took the papers still looking at Shehroz, and opened them…. His eyes shifted down to that brown crumbled papers and at once his expressions changed…. Stunned… stupefied. His eyes went wide as he read something on the paper, I could feel he was paralysed for a moment.

“Dad!..” I stepped towards him when he suddenly looked up at Hussain, ignoring me.

“What is this Hussain?” he asked showing him the papers, Hussain didn’t move at all…..

“kia hea ye mein pooch raha hoon”Dad held him with his arms and shook him, I hurriedly held Dad’s arm and took the papers from his hands. Hussain just stood there silent…. His silence was killing me inside.

“tum ne?....” Dad uttered in grave shock and then his gaze turned to me…. “Shehry what is this? kia ye sach hea?” he asked and I looked down, feeling helpless.

“Dad! Listen please… don’t get mad at him, he

“Sach hea ya naheen?” Dad glared at me and almost shouted, for a moment my breath hitched, I felt my palms were sweating and throat dried up. I looked side ways at Hussain and then looked down.