14. Hussain's Birthday!

14. HUSSAIN TURNED 23!!!

“So you are going to gift him a Rolex watch?” Selena looked at the small black velvet box weirdly and I smiled ear to ear.

“Yup! Finally Selena, you know I bought it 2 years back after saving money for three years” I told her and her eyes went wide.

“Three years?..... how did it cost? I guess too much han!” she held the watch in her hand.

“Ummmm… han but gifts ki price nai batate” I said and she rolled her eyes.

“Dude! Why don’t I have such a friend who gifts me Prada and Gucci on my every birthday” Selena made a cute face and I chuckled.

“You have your Mady!!!” I said and she laughed.

“Ah! Wo…. Kanjoos kaheen ka!” I laughed at her expressions.

“And what the hell is that girl?” she pointed towards the big mauve box.

“It is also for him” I said simply.

“And what exactly it contains?’ she asked holding the box, it wasn’t that heavy.

“Memories!” I said, feeling down all of a sudden. “good and not so good, both kind of” I added and she searched my face closely.

“All is well here?” she snapped her fingers at my face and I gave a fake laugh.

“Yup, all is well…. All is well” I beamed at her.

“It has all those letters that I have ever written for them and specially for him, and all those pictures and sketches I made for Hussain!” I touched the box…

“So all this for Hussain? And what for Shehroz?” Selena smiled casually, didn’t realizing her question brought those uncomfortable feeling back to my heart. I remained silent.

“You are crazy Mannat!” Selena laughed.

“I know….” I said planly and she came and sat with me.

“Hey! What happened? All of a sudden that chirping Mannat has gone, kia hua hea?” her urdu accent sucks man! I chuckled at hre.

“Nothing Selena, aewaeen bus pehle ki bat alag thi, I used to be far more crazier then what I am today. Things have changed a bit” I said, avoiding her gaze.

“What has brought the change?” She asked.

“Bari ho gai hoon na ub, bachi na rahi….” I giggled and she pplayfully slapped my head

“Okay, tell me what are you going to wear?” Selena stood up and aske rubbing her hands, I didn’t think about that at all… shittt!

Selena opened my closet and started examining every dress I had, finally she took out a shimmering black top and keeping it cloes to her she spun round….

“This is perfection, girl!” She beamed at me, but I dunno what happened to my mood…. I felt bad.

“This is too glittery Selena, I want to wear something simple….”I stood up and went to my closet, I t had been long since I wore something eastern so I took out my long white Kurta and white chooridar along with it. It had no duppata on that, it was simple lightly embroidered kurta.

“yup! I’ll wear this one” I took it out, ignoring Selena’s duh! Expressions.

“Mannat! It’s a party, You should wear something hot and appealing you know” she rolled her eyes…