5. Shehroz Balaaj!!!

5. Shehroz Balaaj!!

“Mannat bibi! Itni subha subha q jag gaye ap? Khair hai?tabeat to theek hai na?” Shakooran asked, looking at me, I was sitting in the lawn with my laptop in my lap and my eyes stuck on the screen

“hm! Yup Shakooran Aai am okay, and please ek cup coffee bana dejiye” my eyes still glued to the screen.

“ji abhi laaii” She said and turned inside.

“ch! What the hell man!... why are they not uploading anything?” I checked the screen and said, I had been waiting for the updates since long and yesterday was the day… still they didn’t upload any video or any news about the release date..aarrgghhh! what the hell!!!

 “Mannat beta!.... why are you up so early?” Dad came into the lawn, he was just back from jogging.

“ji Baba! Am fine and neend nai aa rai thi, am actually waiting for something” I made a sad face… literally buhat he sust hea sab k sab

“you know it was Yaari’s premier yesterday” I put my laptop on the table and added, I was so damn excited about the movie.

“Yaar!? Ub ye kia hea?” Salaar asked

“Baba! Yaari was the movie dhoombros made, and it is soon to be released. Am so so so excited for that” I told him and he rolled his eyes.

“I knew it already,… it must be related to these dhoombros” Dad said shaking his head.

“Baba you know! they are looking so good in the movie, finally it’s a big step they took ….. after all those videos and drama, they did a movie…. Wowww! Aur pata hai Baba…..there is a girl as well, casted opposite Hussain, she is really cute. They looked great together in the pics…. Dikhaaoon ap ko?.....Here! See!” I turned the screen towards him to show him the pictures, and he reluctantly looked at the screen,sighing deeply at my sillyness….. wearing his specticles.

“Look! He is Shehry… He is Waqas, the one holding the book. He is Atif the muscle man! And they are Baba!… Hussain and Maleeha. Aren't they cute?” I said, looking at them, I so wish I could meet them all.

“Hm! They are cute… very cute, but beta why the hell this boy is not wearing a shirt? Is it that expensive in US to afford a shirt?” Baba asked, looking at Atif and I rolled my eyes.

“Baba! Please! This is in fashion now days” I told him and he sighed deeply.

“Astaghfirullah!” he mouthed and I chuckled.

Shakooran aai brought a mug of coffee for me and put it on the table, I smiled at her. She was with us since I was born, basically she used to work in our haweli (mension) in RajhandhPur but after I was born Dada ji sent her here permanently. She was a big part of my life.

“Salaar Sahab ap k liye chae laaoon?” She asked Baba, who was deep in thoughts.

“hm! Nai shukriya Shakooran, I will have it with Nafeesa” Baba said and she left.

“Baba! Don’t worry, ap q tension lete hen… it is the current fashion now a days, shirts are no more in” I said, seriously and he chuckled.

“nai beta! I was thinking about you, Balaaj bhai called me last night, they want to come here for a small Rasam. Shehroz is planning to go to US for studies” Baba told me, and I nodded.

Balaaj chachoo was elder to my Baba, he lived there in RajhandhPur and after Dada ji passed away, he took care of the land and the city as well. His wife suraiya; my chichi was an illiterate lady from the family as well. They had only one son, Shehroz, with whom I got engaged when we were too young to even absorb the idea of getting engaged or married.

It was our family tradition, that the elders arrange the marriage of their kids and the kids can’t say a NO! in my case, Dada ji and Dadi maa decided that Shehroz would be best for me and hence when I was only a couple of months old and he was just 4 years old… they tied the knot. It was strictly forbidden to get married outside the family …. It was actually considered as a tabboo.

“Okay! Baba… its good that they are coming, it has been so long that chachoo and chichi didn’t visit here” I said sipping my coffee.

“Yeah! I am happy, Shehroz is coming too” Baba said looking at my face, as if reading my expressions.

“hmmm! Good” I said simply and he remained silent.

“Baba! Is there anything wrong? You look serious, which is unsuaual in morning” I joked and he smiled.

“I am fine beta, its just that…. Um! Well, nothing. You enjoy your coffee” He stopped in the middle and I didn’t feel like pushing the topic so I smiled. Baba stood up and came to my side. I looked up at his face, he was looking too serious. I didn’t like that.

“Mannat beta!... they are coming tonight, he will be there too. You will be seeing him, meeting him, after so long. I want you to talk to him and try to understand each other. See! If you can live a happy life with him or not. Spend time with Shehroz and think….he is a nice person Mannat. But still it is your life beta, and there is definitely no pressure on you. Nobody can force you to marry him just because it was decided by the elders. You have full right on your life and happiness. Okay!?” Baba patted my head and said softly and calmly, I kept on looking into his eyes. He was the best Father… My superhero!

I put my mug on the table and snaked my arms around his waist… I hugged him tightly and he kissed my head while bending down.

“I love you Baba!..... You are my superhero, and don’t worry I know he is nice person.” I said and he smiled.

“Be happy beta!.... I just want to put all the happiness of the world on your feet” Baba said and I felt like crying and never let him go.

I was right…. I was right, cheezen koi hasiat nai rakhteen…. Things are just THINGs, materials have no worth. I can give my whole life, whatever I have for the love of my parents…… so getting married with Shehroz is nothing… it is no big deal. If he and Mama is happy with him, I have no issues then. Marrying him would be the happiest thing for me if my parents are happy with this.

I was so ready to meet him…….