29. Hussain!!

29. HUSSAIN!!!

In the entrance of the the hospital the guards was holding back the media nd press… and a huge line of fans holding cards and flowers for Hussain, I, Mom and Dad along with Atif were taken inside of the hospital by the hospital gaurds… the media people tried to ask questions related to the accident and Angad but we had to rush to Hussain, his surgery was about to start in a while.

We reached in the lobby and I saw the nurses were taking Hussain out from the CCU I ran towards him, Waqas already standing there, I looked at Hussain’s body… tried to touch him but the nurses took his stretcher hurriedly towards the SU, the Surgery unit… we followed them and at the entrance the nurses stopped us and they went inside… closing the door at our faces.

I made Mom sat on the couch in the waiting lobby, while I started parading in the lobby, I saw a doctor coming towards us…

“you people can go to the room… its going to take atleast 5 and most 7 hours so... standing here is useless” the Doctor said and hurriedly opening the door stepped inside.

“itna lamba operation, Shehry beta mera dil buhat ghabra raha hea” Mom said, her eyes all sowollen up and wet… I went and sat with her holding her shoulder.

“Mom it takes time… but he will be okay, relax” I tried to calm her down

“Aunty I guess  you should sit in the room, yahan kab tak bethen gi…..” Waqas said and Mom shook her head.

“no, am fine… I saty here” she said and waqas looked worriedly at me.

MANNAT’S POV

I got changed into the operation gown and the nurses checked my bp, temperature, sgar level and dunno what else…. I was sitting on the bed on which they were going to operate and suddenly I saw they were taking him inside… My heartbeat quickened and breath stopped for a moment. They took him up from the stretcher and put him carefully on the bed. My eyes fixed on Hussain… I slowly got up from the bed and stepped closer to him, the nurses were arranging the machines at the back of his bed, I looked closely at his face and couldn’t hold back my tears.

“hey! Please sit back on the bed, you need to calm down… your bp has to be normal” the nurse took hold of my arm, I tried to get it out of her grip. Still looking at Hussain.

“just one minute… please” I pleaded and she sighed, leaving my arm. I stepped closer to him and touched his face… I wanted to hug him, but I know I couldn’t. slowly I bent down and kissed his forehead, I closed my eyes tears fell down… my lips still on his warm forehead.

“He will be alright…. Relax”the nursed softly touched my back and I straightened up.

I went back on my bed and lying down I closed my eyes…. reciting under my breath.

WAQAS POV

We were sitting there 6 hours have been past…. My palms were seriously sweating, when I heard something, I looked at the door that was open now, we hurriedly got up and the doctor came out……We went to him, unable to utter a single word.

“congratulations…. He is alright, the transplant has been done successfully” the doctor said and I felt like… like crying, just crying. I saw Shehry fell down in prostration, his head bowing down on the floor…. Uncle Aunty Atif we all were like… kisi ne naii zindagi de di ho humein, the doctor smiled….

“when can we meet him?” Shehry got up and asked

‘he is still unconscious and am afraid it will take a few hours for him to come into conscious till then he will stay in the recovery room.” The doctor said and we nodded. jahan itna intizaar kiya tha wahan kuch ghante or sahee.