I Am A Star........

hey guys! here is a prologue,there are going to be 2 chapters in it...and then will officially start the  story :D hope you are going to enjoy this story..... comment and vot :) and yeah! do share your critiques 

PROLOGUE!!!

2023……. Chicago 

I recrossed my legs and flipped through The New Yorker magazine for the tenth time.  I snatched glances at the other patients in the waiting room, a woman was sitting in the row in front of mine; all depressed and worn. She was constantly staring at the space or else on her wrist watch, maybe she was waiting for her turn to see the Doctor. So was I.  A huge TV played quietly in one corner, a distraction that might help keep my mind off the trouble that was going to come. I was constantly trying to put off the thoughts that were haunting me inside. I put the boring magazine back on the table and took out my iPhone; 7 messages, 9 missed calls….. I literally cursed Shehry for doing this, for making me come here and now annoying me on the phone as well. 

I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up….

“Hey! Hello, man I have called you since….

“Yeah, yeah! I know, 7 messages and 9 missed calls. My phone was on silent” I said, rolling my eyes, seriously, Shehry was annoying me now.

“At least keep it in front of you, so you could at least know that it's ringing. Anyways, so you reached there Han? And did you meet her? What did she say?” Shehry bombarded me with questions and I put my phone at an arms length to avoid his shrieks

“Ooooow oooow oooww hold your horses Shehry! I reached here half an hour back, still no sign of my turn. Am waiting, actually sitting in between a bunch of retards feeling as if am one of them as well” I spatted, I was hating him to send me here.

“Ooh! That’s okay, get yourself busy man. And just relax…. Remember,  Inhale, exhale… inhale, exhale!!!” Shehry said calmly, he was munching on his apple

“Yeah! I know how to breathe, Einstine!” I snapped back and heard his chuckle

“Bro! You know what, Waqas told me that she is kinda hot” Shehry said, I could feel him smirking on the other side, just wanted to kill him

“I don’t need her hotness…. And hey! I guess it's my turn. Got to go” I cut him in the middle, I knew what he was trying to bring up.

“Oh! Okay, and relax. Remember, inhale, exh…..

I hung up, didn’t want to hear him saying that mantra again, in his dusky, smoky and seductive kind of a voice…. I couldn’t understand, Shehry could be funny, even at those times when the other person might be dying of annoyance.

I put my phone on the table, and crossed my legs. I put my head back on the head rest and closed my eyes.

I could hear whispers like; hey! Look, Hussain Asif is here……, is he really Hussain? I wanna meet him…. Look, Hussain Asif, but what is He doing here?”

“Is Shehry right? Do I really need to see this doctor?.... What is wrong with me?” I had these questions in mind and my heart was denying to answer any of these.

All these nightmares that I have been having since last so many years…. All those shrieks and yellings I just can’t ignore them. They are haunting me for so many years and I have to put a stop to all this…. But am not mad, I am a superstar, world know me as a hero. What if this all comes to the media? Oh my God!...... why the hell I came here? No, I can't stay here anymore; I can't take any risks…..

“Mr Hussen Aseeef…….!!!” Just when I was about to get up, and ready to run away, a tall blonde, wearing a pencil skirt and tying her hair into a tight bun, came into the hall announcing my name. I silently cursed the moment and reluctantly stood up putting my phone in my pocket, I held my car keys in hand and tucking up my coat’s button I moved towards her.

“Hussain Asif” I said going closer to her, and purposely uttering my name giving emphasis on each syllable, giving her a look “don’t mess with my name”.  She gave me the most artificial, but inviting smile, after checking me out as if scanning me inside out. I raised my eyebrows at her and she suddenly turned crimson.

I know I have this effect on girls…. I knew it long ago, and frankly speaking I love it; all that charisma I have, my influence on people around me and especially women. But right now I was not in the mood of flirting or accepting any flirts. So I silently started walking, following her to the hell for which I came here.

“Sir, the doc will see you now, ” she stopped in front of a dark brown, beautifully carves door and turned to look at me… or better, to check me out once again.  I simply nodded and flashed a quick smile. But right when I was about to move further she came slightly in my way, making me raise an eyebrow.

“Well, Am a big fan….. Just love your work, I wonder if I can get an autograph” she said almost in a whisper and I gave her a smile to die for, literally wanting her to be dead.

“Yeah! I can see that…. Mrsss ……” I did a slithering thing on the S at the end and she blushed.

“It’s… Ruth, Amanda Ruth… and it’s not a Mrs either” She said cheekily and I mentally hit her face hard.

“Well, in that case Amanda I would love to give you my autograph, let's just pack me up first” I winked and then turned to the door. I always hated such fans, well, I know a star should always love his/her fans, but I don’t know why, I hated creepy and corny fans. Not just fans, in fact, anyone who is way too much chipkoo kind of… I just hate that person.

I held the knob, my eyes scanned the nameplate on the right side of the door;

Doctor of Psychology,

Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)

Dr. Radhika Obroye

 I took a deep breath and entered in the hell……..