8. Time To Pack For NewYork !!!!

8.  TIME TO PACK FOR NYC !!!!

I don’t know why they can not mind with their own business” I could sense his inxiety in his voice.

“That’s okay Salaar! They are family, they have right over us and Balaaj bhai is Mannat’s would be father in law” Mama was consoling him.

“My point is… what is wrong in studying film and media and if we, being the parents of Mannat have no issue in this then why the hell they are creating problems? And Nafeesa! Balaaj bhai is her would be father in law we are her parents…..” Baba was really cross with chachu, it has been long since I last saw him that upset.

“Salaar, agar wo log nai chahte k Mannat film studies opt kare to let us talk to her…. And please calm down, beth jaiye ap” Mama said, I always knew that Balaaj chachoo and the rest of the family is against such things they were even against girl’s higher studies. No girl in our Rajhandhpur studys ahead of college. I was pretty lucky being the daughter of two most broad minded and understanding people of this world.

I was standing there listening them, my heart just broke… why chachoo doesn’t want me to study media, I mean there was nothing wrong or indecent in that.

“No! we wont talk to her Nafeesa, she wants to study that and I am with her. Wo woi perhe gi jo wo chahti hea, end of discussion” Baba said firmly and I hurriedly went upstairs to my room.

“What should I do? Should I be persuing this field or should I go for something else? I know baba and Mama wont pressurize me for anything but what if chachoo will point a finger on Baba just because I didn’t listen to him?” I was so confused, couldn’t understand what to do but there was one thing for sure that I just couldn’t bare if my parents are going to face criticism because of their love for me.

I swithed on my laptop and started searching something after a couple of minutes I got the info that I wanted. I had decided what I had to do.

*********************  

“Mannat beta where are you going?” Mama asked me, I was ready to leave the house silently when I heard her at the back shitttt!

“Um… Mama wo Rida has to visit a couple of colleges today for admission, so I am going with her” I told her and she nodded.

“Okay but at least have breakfast….” Mama said

“Nai Mama mood nai hai…. Aa ker kha loon gi kuch. Okay bye” I said while walking towards the door.

I sat in my car and headed towards Rida’s home.

************************* 

Next day we were having dinner and I knew I had to tell them about what I had done with out even informing them.

“Mannat beta! on Monday your entrance test is due at St Georges college, do some preperations at least” Mama said, while putting some rice in my plate.

“Um… Mama I wont be giving the entrance test” I said looking down in my plate.

“why?” Baba asked

“Baba! Actually I had to show you people something” I said and from the back of my chair took out a white envelope. They looked at each other in confusion.

“Here!....” I handed the envelope to Mama and she took that.

“What is this Mannat?” Mama sked holding the packet.