11- The After Effects of The Disaster.

MANNAT'S END

11. THE AFTER EFFECTS OF HUSSAIN!

Its been a week that I met them, after coming from the hotel I felt a hole in my heart. It wasn’t the behaviour of Hussain which was bothering me, neither was the incident happened in his room… but still I was feeling strange, my feelings were changed since that day. I couldn't name my feelings, couldn't describe them….. being so close to him made differences I guess, those moments when his breath was fanning my face, those moments when he was staring into my eyes, holding my wrist…. he wasn’t a star or a hero for me any more, he became something else… even more then a star, more then a hero.

I was standing in front of the mirror in my room, looking at my reflection. My eyes still have the image of him, I touched my hanging locks they touched his face, I looked at my wrist, the scar near my pulse was almost faded by now but the pain…. Pain was increasing with every passing day. I felt the hole, the void created inside me, I think I lost something….my heart!!

 Everything was changed, for the last whole week I couldn’t sleep or eat properly,  was having on and off fever but that was the gift of weather I  guess. Mama Baba were positive about sending me to NewYork and now I was a bit reluctant. I heard the door open and Mama Baba entered, I looked away and sat on my bed.

“kesa hai mera bacha ub? I hope the fever has gone” Mama touched my forehead.

“Am okay Mama…. Much better” I lied.

“Baba! I want to study here, I don’t want to go anywhere else” I told Baba, they were sitting with me on my bed now, I had fever last night.

“But Beta, you wanted to study abroad then what happened now?” Mama asked holding my hand.

“I think, I wont be able to live with out you two, and you will miss me as well. So no going anywhere else” I said, looking at Mama’s hand.

“Mannat beta, we are done with all the formalities, and teen din rehte hen tumhare jane mein.” Baba said.

 I was about to say something when Rida entered in my room…

“Hello hot head!” she chirped and I smiled at her..

“Hello uncle, hi aunty”

Hello beta! good to see you, tum he samjhao ise, at the 11th hour now she is refusing to go to Newyork” Mama said, she stood up and Rida literally jumped on my bed.

“fiker he na Karen aunty, mein aa gai hoon na achi tara samjhati hoon is ko” She eyed me and I rolled my eyes.

Mama Baba left the room and Rida started staring me like idiots.

“kia hai?..... have you gone mad?” I said, irritated.

“No, am perfectly alright dear, you have gone mad. Why the hell you are behaving like this?”she asked looking closely at my face and I looked away.

“I don’t know Rida, am just not feeling good” I felt like puking.

“Mannat, tell me what happened in the hotel, I have been asking you this since that day. You were so tensed  when you came back from their room, and now you are reluctant in going to NY.what happened?” rida put her hand on my hand and my eyes pooled up.

“Mannat!.... Mannat,kia hua yaar? Please stop crying, batao mujhe kia hua”Rida got worried.

I told her everything that happened there… she listened everything calmly, stroking my hand assuring me all was fine.