(Kaoru Yukimura) Nagumo Princess

Nagumo Princess:

From: Hakuoki - Anime and Game

Genre: #Romance #Shinsengumi #Demon #Nagumo #Kaoru Yukimura #Hakuouki #Genderbender

Name: Hinata Nagumo - meaning 'Sunflower' 'Facing the sun' 'Sunny place' or 'In the sun'. Nagumo, is of course form the Nagumo demon clan in the series who took Kaoru in however, Nagumo on it's own means 'South Cloud'... I think anyway.

Background:

Hinata Nagumo is a female demon who was born in the Nagumo clan from one of the lower members. As soon as she was born, her parents hid her gender and told everyone she had been born a boy, knowing that she would be taken away from them if they knew she had been born a girl. If she had been discovered as a female, their was a good chance that she may have been forced to breed with a male demon before she even came of age. When Kaoru arrived in the Nagumo clan after the annihilation of the Yukimura clan and he had been separated from his sister, the two became close and protected each other within the clan where they were shunned for being 'Male'. Kaoru become one of the few people who knew Hinata's real gender and become protective of her as they were close, Hinata being one of the only people who helped him within the clan and didn't mistreat him. Kaoru would tell Hinata stories about the Yukimura clan and about his twin sister. Hinata's real gender is eventually found out by the clan however and her parents are killed for keeping quiet and she is set to marry an older male demon within the month. With the help of Kaoru, Hinata manager to sneak out of the Nagumo compound and runs away before she is forced into a marriage where she would become a breeding mule. after she leaves the Nagumo clan, she eventually meets Sen Hime and lives with her and Kimigiku as she learns how to fight alongside the two demonesses and becomes as close as sisters. She ends up working alongside Kimigiki a lot of the time. While in Kyoto many years later, Hinata meets Chizuru in the street when she and Sen are faced with a group of thugs. Meeting someone with a face so similar to Kaoru's, Hinata is left saddened as she knows that the woman in front of her couldn't possibly be her old friend and first love. But little does she know that Kaoru is much closer than she could possibly think and is shocked when he finds more than just his sister in Kyoto.

Blurb:

Female demon of the Nagumo clan who's gender was kept a secret to protect her from both other clans and her very own. Becomes close to Kaoru Yukimura, one of the few who know her true gender, as they protect each other from a young age as they grow up in the Nagumo clan under the dispise of the clan elders.

When Hinata's gender is exposed, Her parents are executed and her marriage is set to be in a month! With the help of Kaoru, Hinata runs away in secret and escapes her fate as a breeding mule to produce powerful heirs.

Years later, now in the company of Sen and Kimigiku in Kyoto, Hinata encounters Chizuru Yukimura. Knowing that the woman in front of her isn't Kauro, her first love, Hinata is saddened but determined to protect someone close to him. 

Little does she know that he is close than she thinks and is determined to bring her back to his side!

Suggestions:

Since Hinata is a female demon, even though she is not a pure blood, she is pretty close and because of this she could become a target of Kazama and his group though their main focus would be Chizuru. 

Hinata may be travelling while dressed as a male as well since she would have to hide who she is. Since her real Gender was revealed to the Nagumo clan, they won't be willing to just gave her up and neither would other demons if they catch wind of it so she is still disguised. But her dressing as a girl may also work in her favour as well since the Nagumo clan mainly know her while dressed as a man so seeing her dressed as a woman would be more difficult for them to recognise.

To take it a step further, she may end up working in Shimabara with Kimigiku and hiding in plain sight. It would be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack by hiding a woman among other woman and with her dressed and painted up like a Geisha, she would look very different compared to how she would while she was dressed as a boy.

With Hinata dressing as a male, it would be pretty funny to see her and Kaoru meeting each other and hanging around while in drag. It could lead to some interesting situations where Kaoru would flirt with her like a man while dressed as a woman and she is dressed like a dude instead.

I know Kaoru has a route in the game and I'll have to read that in my spare time. I highly doubt that its incest but more of a brotherly thing between him and Chizuru were he doesn't turn bad. If this is true then it could be useful in this story.