(Toshizo Hijikata) Stray Wolf

Stray Wolf: Refering to how the Shinsengumi are called 'Wolves' and Aki is a stranded member of the group.

From: Hakuoki - both the anime and game.

Genre: #Romance #Shinsengumi #Gender Bender #Betrayal #Hybrid #Furies #Demon

Name: Aki Otsukai - meaning 'autumn' and Bright' in Japanese. And her last name means 'Errand' in Japanese as well.

Background:

Aki mistaken as a boy and brought into the Shinsengumi at a young age by Tani Sanjurou, the Captain of the 7th Division who was not part of the main circle within the Shinsengumi. Aki became his personal slave and punching bag as Sanjurou became jealous of Aki when she started to show great promise as she learned the way of the sword and became close to the other captains. He began to make life difficult for Aki and started to put her in dangerous situations. Aki was eventually sent on a mission to infiltrate the Choshu by Sanjurou and spent the next few years gathering information. Sanjurou however, told the other captains that Aki had died after getting discovered by the Choshu and sent an assassin to deal with Aki. What Sanjurou didn't expect was for Aki to kill the assassin! Unknown that she had actually survived, Sanjurou later starts to have secret dealings with the Choshu behind the Shinsengumi's back which Aki collects evidence of. Aki also gathers information of the water of life from the Choshu just before she plans to leave. As she is escaping however, she is caught by the Choshu and forced to drink their new version of the water of life as well as undergo a full body blood transfusion with a demon they had managed to capture. After the procedure was finished, Aki manages to escape her bonds and proceeded to slaughter the Choshu who had held her captive as well as destroy all the water of life and the research that went with it in rage for what they had done to her. She returns to the Shinsengumi still covered in blood and gets surrounded by their men when she arrives. the captains arrive and recognise her and are shocked that she is alive. Her captain flees after hearing of her return and she gives the Shinsengumi her findings. But she isn't aware of the changes to her body as she had forgotten what she had done in her blind rage.

Blurb:

Mistaken for a boy and bought into the Shinsengumi to serve under a corrupt captain, Aki finds herself in a difficult situation as she becomes a personal punching bag and tress reliver. Managing to make it through each day after befriending the other captains, Aki's Captain becomes jealous of her connections to them.

Behind the other captains backs, Aki is sent out on a mission to infiltrate the Choshu as a spy by her captain and spends the next few years surrounded by enemies.

After an assassin is sent by her captain to kill her, Aki fakes her death so her captain would believe she were dead and she continues to gather information from the Choshu until she finds information about the water of life and plans to escape and inform the Shinsengumi.

Luck is not in her side however when she is captured and is forcefully transferred demon blood in her body and given the water of life as an experiment! 

After somehow escaping, Aki slaughters her captures and steals as much documents as she can before making her way to the Shinsengumi to deliver her findings, Unaware of the changes in her body.

How will the Shinsengumi react when an old friend they believed to be dead turns up at their compound covered in blood that isn't theirs holding vital information about their greatest secret?

Suggestions:

Do you think I should have Aki's real gender a secret from the other captains or have them aware?

I'm also thinking about having Aki be with the Shinsengumi during the time that Serizawa Kamo was in charge of the Shinsengumi during 'Hakuouki Reimeiroku' and she will return to the Shinsengumi during the beginning of 'Hakuoki/Hakuoki Kyoto Winds'.

I haven't watched Hakuokui Reimeiroku yet though so I'll have to watch it and see what happened to plan out the story and make sure everything makes sense.