(Jiraiya) Spymaster

Spymaster: Referring to Jiraiya being the Spymaster of Konoha as well as Sayuri having her own spy network across the elemental nations.

From: Naruto + Naruto Shippuden + Pre Naruto - mainly from the anime though will refer to the manga when needed.

Genre: #Romance #PreNaruto #Naruto #NarutoShippuden #KakashiGaiden #Civillian #YoungJiraiya #Jiraiya #Sage #Chameleon #Ninja #HiddenVillage #Spynetwork #Ninjawar #Kage #Hiddenvillage #Sannin #Ameorphans #Akatsuki

Name: Sayuri Kumo ~ 'Small' 'Lilly' in Japanese and her last name means 'Spider', comming together, her name means 'Spider Lilly' or 'Small Spider Lily' referring to the Japanese flower. The flower itself means 'Sad Memory', 'Flower of death', 'Last Goodbyes' and 'flower of haven'. This all links to what Sayuri has lost in her life so far as she was born in a time of war so she is naturally surrounded by death. The plant is used to protect Rice Paddies as it is poisonous to rats and other wild animals to if anyone eats it, they die, this in turn links to the location of 'Heimengakure'. Her name also links to Spiders and how she has her own spy network around the continent like a spiderweb.

Background:

Sayuri Kumo was born as a civilian in a non ninja village located in the middle of several nations, meaning that they have a neutral standing and don't belong to any nation, so they don't have any protection and often get caught up in between clashes between the different countries. Because of all this, Sayuri had to grow up fast and after loosing her family at a young age because of the war, chose to become stronger so that she could protect herself. Being the child of two defected ninja from opposing sides, Sayuri had a large amount of chakra for a Civilian and an aptitude for ninjutsu, managing to become stronger thorough watching skirmishes and evaluating the fights while at a safe distance. After witnessing the slaughter of her home town at the hands of unnamed shinobi, Sayuri unlocks a kekki genkai passed down from her parents giving her unrivalled sensory abilities and the ability to monitor a vast area. Using this, she gathers the survivors of her small town and convinces them to follow her away from the warzone. They follow her and she manages to find a safe place in the land of rice paddies where she hides the villagers underground. It is here where she trains further to become stronger and protect those who follower her, becoming their leader and teaching the younger generations to protect themselves too should they ever get cought up in the war that isn't even theirs. Sayuri also takes in defected ninja who dont want to be appart of the war and they join her little village that comes to be known as 'The Village hidden Underground' or 'Heimengakure'. Sayuri sets up a large information network using spies and her own jutsu to monitor the battlefields so that she can make appropriate preparations to hide her village from possible threats while also recruiting ninja she deems safe to join her village and stay out of the war. One of these people she picks up end up being Roshi, the Jinchuriki of Son Goku or more commonly known as the five tails who had defected from his village. With the disappearance of a Jinchuriki, the ninja villages looked into things more closely and noticed that many people had been going missing across the five nations and who they had originally passed of as soldiers dying in the line of duty turned into somehting more serious as rumours of people being spirited away cought their ears. Sayuri eventually makes a summoning contract with Giant Chameleon's and learns sage mode, becoming known as the 'Wandering Ghost Sage' after her many adventured away from her village as she tries to help those cought up in the war. The village eventually draws the attention of the other nations and they each send ninja to investigate in case they end up becoming a threat or to align themselves with them before another village does. Jiraiya happens to be one of the ninja chosen to seek out this mysterious village.

Blurb:

Suggestions:

Sayuri's mother was an Uzumaki and her father from the 'Kumo' clan who had defected from his village after his clan had been sent out to the battlefield recklessly and members were dropping like flies.