(Zevran) Birds Of A Feather

Birds Of a Feather: referring to the fraise 'Birds of a feather, flock together' as well as linking to the assassin organisation known as the 'Crows'.

From: Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2

Genre: #Romance #Zevran #Crows #DragonAge #Rogue #Peformer #Ex-Assassin #Warden

Name: Raven - meaning 'Dark Haired' or 'Wise' in American as well as connecting to the bird 'Raven' which holds similarities to 'Crows', in turn linking to the Assassin organisation. She may use the alias Wren which is also the name of a bird as well as a gender neutral name meaning 'a small bird' in English.

Species: Elf

Background:

Raven was a slave elf without a name who had been sold off to the crows when she was very young. she was trained and became proficient in many skills which helped in her assassinations as well as outside of it. She became well known in the crows because she was very good at what she did but she never enjoyed it. She took pride in what she did as she was good at it, but never actually enjoyed killing unless she believed that who she was killing deserved it. she was given the name 'Raven' after she joined because of her black hair and small bird like body, her speed and dexterity which made it look as though she could fly. She ended up befriending an older member of the organisation who became like a father figure to her, however, connections such as this had been forbidden in the crows as it was against everything they were taught and once one of the higher ups began to catch on, they ordered her to kill the man she had started to see as her father and she refused. This lead to them killing him and her receiving punishment and 're-education'. She couldn't take it and ran away from the crows, something she would have done a long time ago if it hadn't been for the man she grew close to. She went into hiding and travelled around from city to city, hiding in plain site so that they could never find her. The crows kept looking for her however they could never find a lead. Raven used her skills she had learned to make a living in many fields, changing her job every now and then. She went from a travelling performer to a healer to a mercenary. The variety helped her hide and she learned more as she travelled. When the blight began, she joined the army in Ostagar, disguised as a male soldier, after hearing that the Crows had been following a lead on her. Duncan saw potential in her when he had seen her fighting and found out the truth of who she really was as well as her gender. He offered for her to become a grey warden and she accepted though she kept her identity as a female a secret, or really, she just didn't correct anyone for the fun of it as well as being used to hiding who she really was. Alister eventually found out that she was a girl when Morrigan pointed it out when they met her again and Raven had been injured when they were Raven by Flemeth so their was a kind of Mulan moment there. The Story goes as usual and they eventually meet Zevran and spare his life. Nobody other than Duncan knew about Raven's past at this point. Zevran being a member of the crows had heard the stories about Raven and among everyone else in the organisation was ordered to kill her on sight if they ever encountered her, though, anyone who had tried before had been found dead. When he realised who she was, he saw has as a kindred spirit in a way since they were both in the same situation with the crows and were being hunted down.

Blurb:

Suggestions:

Nobody knows Raven's past after Duncan dies and when asked if she has any family, she just says that she had a father once who passed away, referring to the father figure she had when she was still with the Crows. because her past isn't known well and it sees as though she is hiding something, Zevran is eager to figure it out. Knowing that they were both from the Crows and in similar situations, Raven teases him about not knowing who she was and have him try and figure her out. All the while he incessantly flirts with her.

Zevran and Raven may have met or even worked together in the crows a few times however, Raven was known to have her face covered among the crows and while on jobs so he wouldn't recognise her. He may recognise her moves though and the way she fights. Raven knew that she couldn't trust everyone in the Crow so she kept to herself mainly though she and Zevran would have crossed paths occasionally but nothing too memorable outside jobs together. Because of all this, Zevran may finds her familiar and can't place were from which intrigues him further.

I may have it so that Raven has an actual pet Raven she names 'Corvus' which is the gene the Crow family belong to. This is also a crow constelation with the same name. I believe so anyway and it seems to fit pretty well. Corvus is a male.

Corvus may have been given to her by her father figure OR I could have it so that she found Corvus as a chick and took him in to nurture even though to nurture was against the Crow's teachings and her father figure helped her keep Corvus a secret.