(Kazama Chikage) Demon In The Rough

Demon In The Rough: Trying to do a play on words with 'Dimond In the Rough'. And I'll probably change the cover as well.

From: Hakuoki - Anime and game

Genre: #Romance #Demon #triplet #Swordsmith #Shinsengumi #Adopted #Triplet #Mistaken Identity

Name: Chiharu Yukimura - meaning 'One Thousand Springs' in Japanese. This may reflect how Demons have a longer life span than humans. Yukimura is of course because she is form the Yukimura clan and related to Chizuru and Kaoru however 'Yukimura' on it's own means 'Blessings' 'Fortune' and 'Happiness' in Japanese.

Background:

Chiharu is Chizuru and Koaru Yukimura's triplet sister who had been separated from them both during the annihilation of the Yukimura Clan and believed to be dead. Chiharu being the youngest and weakest of the three had been thought to have died in the attack after she couldn't be found by either the Nagumo clan or Kodo Yukimura and believed to have burned alive in the fire that consumed their home. Chiharu had, in fact, managed to escape through the woods after escaping the burning house and was eventually found by an old demon named Agura Yunoki, after running for hours non stop. Agura was a swordsmith and created demon swords using techniques unique to their race. After finding the young Chiharu, Agura put two and two together and decided to take her in as his own as she had nowhere else to go and would only be used to breed more demons if he were to hand her off to a clan. Agura didn't want that on his conscience so he raised her and she become his protégé in the forge. Chiharu also learned how to wield the aroeds she was leaning to create and become adept in her swordsmanship thanks to Agura's tutelage. After Agura passed away, Chiharu took over his work, creating both ordinary swords and demon swords, selling to both humans and demons. Obviously keeping the demon swords souly for her own race. She travels all over Japan for her job and while travelling, she dresses as a male since a woman with a sword would only attract unwanted attention and she may not be taken seriously if her clients saw her real gender. After travelling to Kyoto to deliver a Katana that one of the Shinsengumi captains had ordered, she is mistaken for Chizuru by one of the patrols and is dragged back to the compound for being outside on her own when she should have been under house arrest. Needless to say, she is completely and utterly confused when she is forced to kneel in front of Hijikata, who she had never met at this point, and made to sit through a LONG lecture and talks of punishment. They are eventually interrupted when Chizuru herself comes into the room to deliver tea to Hijikata and his 'guest'. Confusion ensues and nobody seems to have any idea what's going on. Hijikata is disturbed, the captains are in shock, Chizuru dropped her tea and Chiharu is understandably angry after being kiddnapped. Chiharu ends up staying with the Shinsengumi while they try to figure out her connection to Chizuru and they offer to pay Chiharu to commission some more swords for them while she is with them. Chiharu isn't pleased. 

Blurb:

Chiharu Yukimura. The younger triplet sister of Kaoru and Chizuru Yukimura who was believed to have perished during the fall of the Yukimura clan. Having lived under the care of an elderly demon who found her in the aftermath, Chiharu learns the way of the sword as well as secret techniques on how to make demonic swords.

After her adoptive father passes away from old age, Chiharu becomes a swordsmith and uses her arts to earn her way while travelling across japan. While in Kyoto to deliver a commissioned sword to the Shinsengumi however, Chiharu is mistaken for Chizuru in the street by one of the captains and is dragged back to the compound!

Confusion ensues when Chiharu finds herself being lectured by the infamous Toshizo Hijikata for leaving the compound without permission for HOURS! Her life saver to spare her more of this torture comes in the form of the real Chizuru Yukimura delivering tea for Hijikata and his 'guest'.

Suggestions:

Both Chizuru and Chiharu don't remember what happened the night the Yukimura Clan were wiped out however, Chiharu gets nightmares every now and then as she forgot from the Trauma of it all. She had personally witnessed their parents death as as well as many of their clanmates deaths as well during the attack.

Chiharu may have been mistaken for Kaoru during hte attack and had been locked into the burning house on purpose because she was thought to have been a boy. 

To prevent confusion with Chizuru, Chiharu either goes by 'Chi-Chan' or 'Haru' or both.

I was thinking that she could arrive in Kyoto after the Ikedaya Inn incident so everyone is still unaware of her existence so when Kazama shows up again to confirm his suspicions by stalking Chizuru, he sees Chiharu and gets a shock.

I could have her arrive just after Chizuru is taken in by the Shinsengumi though so when she is seen walking the streets by the Shinsengumi captains they could believe that she is Chizuru trying to escape.

Perhaps Chiharu could get kidnapped by Kazama and he tries to get her to act like a proper pure blood demon? Since Chiharu never grew up hating humans and avoiding them like other demons, and not seeing her as better than anyone else just because of her blood, Kazama may try to take it upon himself to make her realise what her blood means, though Chiharu would be having non of it. This might make sense considering the title. Maybe. I dunno...

Chiharu is aware that she is a demon, though not that she is a pure blood. She knows that she was adopted and that Agura wasn't her real father however she doesn't see ham as anything less. She knows the dangers of being a female demon as well and so she had spent a lot of her time acting like a boy for this reason.

Maybe Chiharu has met Sen before or had made a sword for her in the past. It is also possible that it had been Agura to make her sword instead and they had seen each other briefly. 

Instead of owning a sword from her parents like Kaoru and Chizuru, Chiharu has a sword that was made by Agura that had been one f the best ones he had made. It also could be a sword that the two had made together and could have been the last one they made together? Either way, the sword will have some significance between the two demons as a show of htier bond as father and daughter despite not being blood related.

Agura had been famous in the demon society for his demon swords however, because their were so few demons, he wasn't so pressed for work.

I might have it so that Chiharu owns an eagle that used to belong to Agura or was gifted to her by Agura as a child and is used to sending messages and receiving messages between clients?