(Saito Hajime) Way Of The Sword

Way Of The Sword:

From: Hakuoki - anime and game.

Genre: #Romance #Saito Hajime #Shinsengumi #Left-Handed #Ambidexterous 

Name: Kaida Yoshida- Meaning 'Little Dragon' in Japanese. Her last name also means 'Lucky Rice Field' and 'Fragrant 'Rice Field' in the same language. it is also historically accurate where Saito, after accidentally killing a Hatamoto, he travelled to Kyoto and taught in a dojo under a man named Yoshida.

Background: 

Grows up learning the way of the sword from her father who was a master of a Dojo with many disciples. One of which had been Saito Hajime. While learning from her father directly as she was still too young to join the other disciples, Ayame struggles to keep up with the training. While watching the other disciples spar in secret, Ayame watched Saito's unique fighting style as he fought left handed opposed to his right. After seeing is way of fighting, Ayame started to teach herself his style in secret and found it much easier to pick up! Although she was left handed, after picking up this new fighting style, she gained the disdain from her peers and father for fighting with her left hand instead of her right. Saito left the Dojo not long after Ayame picked up his sighting style from watching his moves and he joined up with those who would eventually become the Shinsengumi whilst Ayame remained with her father at the Dojo as her life got increasingly more difficult under the pressure. To fight right handed was beaten into her by her father and fellow peers while she practiced left handed in secret. Now years later, Her father had planned to marry her off to his prized disciple and bring money into the Dojo, so Ayame ran away and became an assassin. Having been drilled into her head to fight right handed, Ayame rarely fought let handed even though she excelled more in that area. It also drew more attention to her so she didn't want to stand out. While visiting Kyoto after finishing an assassination job of a Choshu arms dealer, Ayame comes across Chizuru while she is running away from the out-of-control furies and helps her hide while they watch the captains deal with the furies. They are caught by the Shinsengumi captains and brought back to the compound to be questioned. After finding out about Chizuru's identity, they allow her to stay but Ayame has nothing to back her up which wont just get her into more trouble. Resigned to her fate, Ayame is about to accept her death when the captains agree to compromise for her and allow her to stay beside Chizuru, secretly wanting to keep an eye on her as they believe that their is more to her than being a simple daughter of a swordsman like she told.

Blurb:

Being the daughter of the master of a Dojo, Kaida has learned the way of the sword from a very young age. When she was little however, she struggled learning swordsmanship but after watching one of her father disciples fight left handed in secret, she taught herself from observation and found that she was left handed.

Fighting left handed brought her many troubles from her father and fellow peers and she was often disciplined for this so she was forced into fighting with her right hand but continued her left handed training in secret.

After finding out about an arranged marriage between her and her fathers prized disciple to bring money into the Dojo, Kaida is having non of it and leaves, becoming an assassin for hire.

After finishing an assassination job in Kyoto to locate and kill a Choshu arms dealer, Kaida encounters Chizuru in the street who is being chased by a group of men! Stepping in and helping her hide, the two women find themselves caught up with the secrets of the Shinsengumi. Chizuru staying with them to search for her father and Kaida to accompany Chizuru while being watched for suspicious activity.

Suggestions:

I was gonna have it so Kaida doesn't know who Saito is when she sees him in her fathers Dojo but she copies his fighting style as she finds it easier as well as look up to him because of his attitude and determination and such. But I'm not sure weather to have Saito recognise Kaida...

Perhaps it would be better to have him recognise her later on, preferably sometime after he finds out that she is left handed and recognises the fighting style she fights with as its the same as his. 

When it comes to when Chizuru and Kaida have to prove themselves that they can fight to Saito and Okita, when it is Kaida's turn, she first fights with her right hand however changes to her left hand mid fight and surprises Okita.

I could have it so that she fights a two sided blade. Would this be a good idea?