Chapter 26: The Big Day

Start from the beginning

"We all do," said Lee. "If it were up to me, I seriously wouldn't have woken you up early."

"Let's just eat," I said as I took some toast and poured myself a glass of orange juice. "We have to be on schedule."

"Spoken like me," said Lee with a smile.

"You are all supposed to be excited about today," said Collins as he sipped on his coffee. "It seems like you're not."

"Well, as you can see," said Mike, "we woke up too early."

"And my day starts at 6:30," said Daniel as he took a quick glance at his wrist watch. "It's not even that time yet."

"Okay, we get it," said Collins. "You'll all get enough sleep when this is done."

There was something in his voice that made me think he didn't mean what he said on that last part. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He noticed me looking at him. He turned his eyes on me.

"What is it, Sam?" he asked.

"You don't mean what you said, do you?" I asked. "I mean, we can't rest because we have a lot of work to do before we go back home."

"You're right."

"How many more weeks till we leave?" Christine asked.

"Three, if not four," said Collins. "Lee can tell you the right number."

"Apparently, we have three weeks and five days," said Lee. "And if we want this thing with BTW to be successful, we have to get to work immediately."

"Enough about that. Eat up, we have a long day ahead."

And we did just that. It was surprising how much time we had left till we finally go back home. But it wasn't the time to start thinking about it. Today was a special day and we had to make the most of it.

We had arrived at YG before seven and the first thing we had to do was meet the organisers for the event. That also meant meeting our managers as well.

We had to meet in the conference board room, the same room the managers had declared that BTW becomes official. We were the first group to arrive as usual, and so, we had to wait for the others.

"Goodness," said Daniel who sat beside me. "Aren't we supposed to be getting ready by now?"

"Our music video doesn't air on YouTube till twelve," I said. "So, we have plenty of time to go through some last minute details."

"I wonder what outfits we're going to wear on set," said Mike.

"I saw them yesterday. They're perfect. Don't worry."

"Now my palms are getting sweaty," said Christine. "It's now kicking in that this day is really important and I'm anxious right now."

"Well, we will be performing with k-pop groups for the first time, so, there's much reason to be anxious."

The door to the conference room flew open behind me and the BigBang members came in.

"Morning, everyone," greeted Seungri as he reached me from behind by grabbing my shoulders. Before I could respond, he planted a quick kiss on my right cheek. I blushed. "Morning, my sweet panda."

"Awwww," said Zoey who sat opposite me and smiled at Seungri and I. "So cute. If you two were dating, you would look like two cute pandas."

"I agree," said Christine, who sat next to Zoey. She looked like she was just about to laugh.

I could imagine having panda ears at the moment and I shook the thought out of my head as I threw Zoey and Christine a look, telling them to keep quiet. They were giggling when they stopped after my warning look.