"I will do so," Izu responds, heading to the exit.

I place my hands on my coat and pull it off, placing it on the sofa. "You're dealing with a dry throat? You should probably get that checked out."

I sit down, crossing my legs. He looks away, turning quickly, and he points to his desk. What is he trying to tell me?

"Can you speak properly or not?" I want to hear from him right now. "Is something bad going on right now? Is this the wrong time for me to be here?" I can always go back to Gai and tell him I found nothing out for him. I can careless if he gets any information out of me.

"I can speak just fine, Mari. It is just that you're...a bit much right now," Aruto tells me, voice a bit high. A bit much?

"Is that a bad thing? I wanted to look good for today." I also love to look good. It reminds me that I came here as Mari and not Juli. "Is there a problem with my look? I can always take this dress off. I have underwear on under it." I want to see him squirm a bit from this. It is kind of fun watching this.

"You can keep it on." He turns to me and forces a smile onto his face. "So, Mari, what brings you here today? Doesn't Gai put you to work or does he make you do nothing all day long? I'm not trying to insult you or anything."

I laugh, holding up a hand. "No, you're fine. He does work me a lot, but he does allow me to do things on my own. Like right now." I lean back a bit and smile.

"And he lets your dress like that?"

"I'm not on the job right now for him." I sort of am, but not exactly. I'm bending this a bit.

"I have the tea, sir." That was fast, but she can do a lot of this quickly. I'm not surprised she can make tea at the speed of light.

Izu moves in front of me and holds out a cup. I take it from her and bow my head a bit, smiling. She nods her head, smiling back at me. She's really a good secretary for him.

She turns to Aruto and tilts her head. "Is something wrong, President?"

"It isn't anything you should worry yourself over, Izu." He takes the cup of tea from her, reaching over his desk. "I was just asking what is bringing Mari here. Apparently, she has some free time on her hands."

I bring the cup up to my lips, nodding. He's not wrong. I am free at this moment. Gai didn't tell me to do anything else, so I'm just going to relax here.

I take a sip of the tea and close my eyes. Is Aruto freaking out because of what Nina said that day at the park? Is he questioning what is going on with us? It is just simple friendship. Friends embrace each other all the time and I only have eyes for Horobi.

"I see. Mari, I hope you are doing well today."

I look at Izu as she turns to me. "Thanks, Izu. I hope that you are well too."

"Have you checked in Kairi yet? I bet she is missing you," Aruto asks. Is he trying to get rid of me right now because of how I'm dressed? Is it that bad?

"I'm sure that she isn't having problems. Besides, I trust Isamu to care for her when I'm not around. I'm still not able to have her live with me yet. I just found a place and moved in not too long ago." I have a feeling that she will be able to move in at some point. Gai won't keep us apart.

Isamu is probably having a blast using her abilities. He won't admit it, but one day he will. He knows that HumaGears are part of the future of Earth.

I bend over and place the tea down, looking up at Aruto. He turns away, looking a bit flustered now. Has he not seen a pretty girl living her life before?

"Maybe we can all go and meet up later?" Aruto suggests.

"It seems like Aruto's body temperature has went up. Aruto, are you feeling alright?" Izu comments and I laugh. This is so much fun to watch.

Do I really interest him at all? If so, did I make a mistake in joining Gai at ZAIA? It isn't like I was going to get around being Gai's. He did pull a Horobi tactic on me. Well, a Jin tactic on me.

I could have kissed Aruto the other day. We were so close together and looking into each other's eyes. It honestly was a good moment to spend kissing someone. However, that didn't cross my mind then. It is now for some reason, but that could be because of how he is acting.

"I'm just feeling a bit hot is all!" Aruto exclaims, taking a sip of his tea as he turns back to us.

"I guess I shouldn't stick around if you don't feel so good, Aruto." I smirk.

"You don't have to go anytime soon, Mari! You're fine and allowed to stay here!" Aruto exclaims, sounding panicked. He even looks it.

"Alright then. Can you call Isamu and ask him to come here with Kairi? I miss them both." I want to make him feel a bit more comfortable with me. I'll even put my coat back on just to help him. "Should I cover up? It is kind of cool in here."

"Y-yes, do that!" Aruto exclaims. "But I don't mean that in a bad way. I just think you look like you're freezing."

I am currently not freezing, but if he wants to believe that he can. I guess I shouldn't bother him this much. It is just he is just fun to watch react to things at times.

I turn and grab my coat. "Alright, I guess I should."

"It isn't cold in here, Aruto." Izu just has to get involved, huh? "Mari should be feeling comfortable."

I turn my head a bit and smile. "I feel cold though, Izu. I guess I'm just feeling a bit off."

"Feeling a bit off?" Izu tilts her head, eyes glowing a bit. "It isn't possible. The temp-"

"In this room is too low for her body to handle!" Aruto exclaims, cutting her off as I pull my coat over me like it is a blanket. "Right, Mari?"

I nod my head, grinning. "You're absolutely right." I curl up and close my eyes, yawning a bit. I think I could use a nap right now.

It is fine seeing what kind of reactions I can get out of someone like him. Am I being bold? Yes. Is it worth it? Totally.

A/n: Mari, stop torturing poor Aruto! Let him live!

D: