Thor - Goodbye

"Thor." Tony said as he entered the main area of the tower.

"Oh you are back, where's Y/N?" He asked as everyone looked away from him.

"Where is she?" He asked again.

"Thor, she died on the mission. There was nothing we could do." Tony said as Steve entered carrying your bloodied body. Thor's face paled as he looked at you.

"No!" He shouted as he ran towards you and grabbed you from Steve's arms.

"No! Y/N! Please, please come back to me!" He screamed as he held your body. Thunder began roaring outside as Thor sobbed over your body.

"I have to bring her back." Thor muttered as Steve place a hand on his shoulder.

"Thor, there's nothing we can do." Steve said as Thor shook his head.

"No! There has to be something I can do!" He shouted as he looked a your pale face, he broke down in tears and he rested his forehead on yours.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered. Everyone shed a few tears as they watched Thor cling to your body. Three people in suits arrived to take your body as Thor clung to you.

"You have to let them take her." Steve said as Thor shook his head.

"I can't, I can't let her go." He cried as he held your face. Tony and Steve grabbed Thor as the people took your body from him.

"No! I have to save her!" He screamed as lightning struck outside. He watched as they took you into the elevator and the doors closed.

"Y/N. Please." He whispered as he collapsed to his knees sobbing.

"The city in mourning today, one of our beloved Avengers has fallen today. Y/N L/N died today at 11am on an airfield just outside of New York. The battle was between Hydra and the Avengers, and Y/N took the final blow that ended it all. She was a hero, a hero that will truly be missed by New York." The news caster said on the TV as everyone bowed their heads.

"I can't believe she's gone." Nat said as she shook her head and began to cry.

"I need to be alone." She whispered as she walked off.

"I want to be left alone as well." Thor muttered as everyone nodded and left. Rain poured down outside as Thor stood on the balcony and looked down at the street. He saw people laying flowers at the entrance of the tower. He covered his face with his hands as he began to sob all over again.

"I'm so sorry my love." He whispered as he looked out onto the city.

Time skip

Everyone gathered in the main room as they watched Thor enter. Everyone was dressed in formal black, no one saying a word. They made their way down to the garage and began driving, the drive was about an hour. The whole time Thor never said anything, just stared outside the window. They arrived at the small log cabin along a lake. Thor always promised that when you died the team would scatter your ashes at your old cabin. Everyone gathered around the lake as Thor held the urn containing your ashes.

"Does anyone want to say anything before I do this?" Thor muttered as Tony cleared his throat.

"I wanted to say something. Y/N was really special to each of us, in her own way. Thor's love, Bucky and Nat's best friend. And to the rest of us she was like a daughter. Loosing her was the hardest thing this team has ever had to do. And I hate saying goodbye to someone I loved so much." Tony said as he wiped his eyes and placed his hand on Thor's shoulder.

"I loved her so much, more than anything. I don't know how I'm going to live without her, I don't even know how to say goodbye to someone like Y/N." Thor said as he looked down at the urn.

"I have no choice but to say goodbye." He cried as he began spreading your ashes over the lake.

"Goodbye my love."

"Goodbye Y/N."

"Goodbye, our hero."

"Our friend."

"Our love."

"Our family."

"Goodbye."

(Yes, I am crying. But for real this hit really close to home for me. It was good to write about it, I never thought I could miss someone this much. I wish I never had to say goodbye)