Bucky - I'm sorry

(Request by @ChainedSoul2017 )

"Ok team, shield has had an ex hydra agent in their custody for some time. She has been there for a few months and shield has entrusted us with her training. She'll be here tomorrow at 9am sharp." Steve said as everyone sighed.

"And I want everyone to be easy on her. Fury said she has many triggers and has a lot of PTSD." Steve continued as everyone nodded.

"Does winter know her?" Tony said as he pointed his thumb at Bucky.

"Her name is Y/N L/N." Steve said as Bucky searched his brain.

"No never heard of her." He said as Steve dismissed everyone. He grabbed Bucky before he left.

"I want you to take it easy with Y/N, it's possible you may set each other off." Steve said as Bucky nodded and left with the rest of the team.

You got into the back of the black armoured vehicle and kept quiet as you drove to the Avengers tower. Fury had given you a file on each of the Avengers, he knew you weren't one for small talk. You clutched the file as you looked out at the giant tower. Tony was standing outside as you exited the car, he smiled softly as he stuck his hand out for you to shake. You just stared at his hand and then looked at his face.

"Not one for physical touch?" He asked as you shook your head and kept your mouth shut. The car drove away as you followed Tony into the tower.

"Are you up for meeting the team?" He asked as you both stepped into the elevator and you nodded.

"Great!" Tony said as he clapped his hands and you flinched.

"Oh sorry, it may take me some getting used to." He muttered as you nodded. The elevator opened as you stepped out and all eyes were on you.

"Everyone this is Y/N." Tony said as he introduced you to each of them. You just nodded and kept silent as you clutched onto the files.

"What are those files?" Nat asked as you looked down.

"Just information on you guys that Fury gave me." You mumbled.

"Well, I'll show you to your bedroom." Steve said as you followed him to another level.

"Ok so your room is here, equipped with a full bathroom and wardrobe. The only other two people on this level are Bucky and I, so don't be afraid to knock on my door if you need anything. I'll let you get settled, if you need anything say JARVIS and the AI will help you with everything." He informed you as you nodded and closed the door immediately. Happy to finally have a space to yourself. You showered and went straight to sleep after.

You ended up sleeping until the next morning, you yawned and rubbed your eyes as you headed to the wardrobe and put some simple day clothes on. You quietly headed down stairs and saw everyone having breakfast. Bucky sat there glaring at you as you avoided his gaze, Steve smiled as he stood up.

"I saved a plate for you, hope you're hungry." He said as you smiled a little and took the plate. There was two pancakes, eggs and bacon on the plate, you stared at it as you sat down and carefully placed a bite into your mouth.

"It's not poisoned." Bucky growled as you blushed in embarrassment.

"S-Sorry, it's just a habit." You whispered.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Steve asked politely.

"Yeah b-best sleep I've had in ages." You said as you returned his smile. You were the slowest eater, everyone had left and it was just you and Bucky.

"Y-Your file said you were ex hydra, is that true?" You asked in a small voice as he got up and approached you.

"I don't believe one piece of your bullshit, so you can stop fucking pretending. If you hurt anyone I will make sure to fucking kill you myself." He growled as a tear escape your eye. He laughed bitterly as he wiped the tear away.