Loki - Just a voice

(Trigger warning - self harm, mental illness)

You sat alone in a cold dark cell as you stared at the grey wall in front of you. You don't remember how long you were in here for, or the last time you saw another person. You guessed Hydra left the facility ages ago and just left you to die, but you never did. Dry blood was smeared all around from countless attempts to end it all.

"You promised." You muttered as you shut your eyes. You heard a loud noise as your eyes shot open.

"It can't be." You whispered as you crawled to the door and slammed your hand against it.

"Help!" You scream as you could her footsteps getting closer. The door swung open as you looked up to see a red headed woman in front of you. She pointed her gun at you as you broke out in laughter.

"Team you better come to my location." Nat muttered as she kept her gun on you. You kept laughing as you fell on you back and your laughter turned into small giggles.

"You tried to shoot me." You giggled as she stared at you, your eyes widened as you jumped up and went for her gun but she stopped you and pinned you to the ground.

"Give me the gun!" You shouted as you struggled.

"That is not happening!" She shouted back as you managed to grab the gun and shot yourself in the stomach. Blood poured out as you got your hopes up, but the wound immediately stitched itself up.

"Fuck! I just want to fucking die, is that so hard?" You said as you handed the gun back to her as she stared at you. Three other people came in as you looked at them.

"Hi! I'm Y/N." You said as you stuck your hand out and smiled.

"Why are you staring at me? Oh god I did something wrong, b-but I thought - no that's what I thought! I will not calm down!" You shouted as a man in a red suit came closer to you.

"It's alright we won't hurt you." He muttered as you glared at him.

"Loki says differently." You said as you crossed your arms. Everyone went silent as you stared at them.

"What are you staring at!?" You shouted as you went to go attack captain America but something stopped you.

'Don't, they can easily hurt you.' The voice in your head said as you groaned and stopped.

"How do you know Loki?" Ironman asked as you tilted your head.

"How do you know Loki?" You replied.

"He destroyed half of New York and killed people." Captain America said as you crossed your arms.

"Loki wouldn't do that, he's nice." You said as the red head woman scoffed. Another man entered as you looked up and your face paled as tears streamed down your face.

"N-No. No!" You shouted as you began to scream and grab your head. You opened your eyes and lunged at the man you knew as the winter soldier. Before you reached him Nat grabbed you and held you as you screamed as thrashed around.

"You did this!" You screamed as you tried to hurt him. Steve rushed Bucky out of the room as you screamed and screamed.

'Y/N it's ok. He's gone, you're safe.' Loki said in your head as you calmed down and tried to breathe normally again.

"Loki." You whispered as you fell to the floor sobbing. Loki didn't care if the Avengers caught him, he needed to help you. He materialised in the room as he grabbed you and held you in his arms.

"Shh darling I'm here it's ok. I won't let him near you." He whispered as you gripped onto him and continued sobbing.

"Loki!" Tony shouted as he pointed a blaster at him.

"I will come with you willingly, but please let me stay with her. She needs me." He whispered looking at Tony pleadingly. Tony was taken back as he looked at Loki.

"O-Ok, yeah." Tony said as he nodded. Loki picked you up as you buried your face in his neck.

"I've got you." He whispered as wrapped your arms around his neck. Tony and Nat walked out as Loki followed with you securely in his arms. He passed Bucky and Steve as he held you closer and glared at Bucky.

"Stay the fuck away from her." He hissed as Steve went for Loki but Tony stopped him.

"Don't." Tony said as Steve grabbed Bucky again and they made their way to the jet with everyone else following. Loki sat you down and held you close as you kept your eyes shut and your face buried. Bucky stared at you as he tried to search his brain from where he knew you. His stomach sunk and his face paled as a memory flashed through his brain.

- Flashback -

You screamed as the winter soldier whipped you over and over again. You begged and begged for him to stop but he said nothing and kept going and going until your back was completely bloodied. He grabbed your arm and dragged you painfully through the halls and then tossed you onto a metal table as you screamed in pain.

- End -

"Y/N." He whispered as he looked over at you.

"What?" Steve asked as Bucky covered his face.

"I used to torture her." He whispered in a horrified voice.

"I-In Hydra, I would beat her s-so bad." Bucky said he got up and ran to the small bathroom as he threw up.

"Bucky!" Steve shouted as he ran to Bucky and rubbed his back as he threw up. Loki glared at the team as he held you tightly.

"How do you know Y/N?" Tony asked sceptically. Loki looked at you seeing you fast asleep as he smiled.

"I was in Asgard prison and a kept hearing a voice, she told me her name was Y/N. And told me everything. And I somehow was able to teleport to her." Loki explained as Tony sat down and listened.

"So why didn't you escape? Try to take over again." Tony asked as Loki chuckled.

"I deserved to be in that prison, I don't want to take over Tony. I never did." Loki whispered as he looked away. Tony didn't ask anymore questions as you began to whimper. Loki kissed your forehead as he whispered to you.

"Shh darling, I've got you." He whispered as you clung onto him.

"As soon as we get back you're going into a cell." Tony said as Loki nodded.

"Just, at least let me see her when she needs me." Loki said as Tony somehow felt sorry for the villain.

"Alright."