Peter X Reader. Numb

What were you before this?
What was your name?

Who were you?

Those questions flooded your brain every day in this hell hole. Every day they made you 'better' and that meant every day taking a little part of your human body and replacing it with machinery. Your body was covered with giant scars and bits of metal hanging out everywhere.

"589 are you clear on the mission?" a man hissed in your face.

"Yes." you replied your face void of emotion.

"And that is?" He asked growing impatient.

"To kill the Avengers." You replied as he gave you a wicked grin.

"Then it's time you got to work."

-
-
-

"Mr. Stark? Have you seen my phone?" Peter asked as he approached Tony in the kitchen.

"Peter you can call me Tony. And it's in your pocket." Tony replied as Peter sighed and fished his phone out of his pocket. All of a sudden a figure crashed through the widow and grabbed Peter.

"Is he an Avenger?" The figure demanded Tony Stark. Peter looked at Tony hopefully.

"Not the time kid. No, he isn't." Tony said sternly as you shoved Peter to the floor.

"Then he will be spared. At least for now." You said as you made your way to Tony. You had your suit on so your voice was changed to sound like a male and your body was covered.

"Avengers we have a code red." Tony whispered to JARVIS.

"Just what I wanted." You said as you pointed a gun at Tony's head. You just realised that once the Avengers were here they could easily kill you. You glanced at Peter and gripped him with the gun pointed to his head.

"Try anything and he goes first." You growled as Peter tried to break free.

"Stop moving kid or I'll kill you." You whispered as he gulped and stopped moving. The rest of the Avengers came running up as they pointed their weapons at you.

"One move towards me and I'll kill him in a second." You said as they all lowered their weapons. The last one to walk in had dark short hair and... a metal arm. This triggered something within your mind.

/Flashback/

"Bucky I'm scared." You whispered as Bucky held your small body tighter. You were only 5 at the time.

"It's going to be ok. What if we played a game?" He suggested as you smiled slightly and nodded.

"Ok, what's your name?" He asked smiling.

"Y/N!" You shouted with glee.

"What's my name?" He asked again.

"Bucky!" You shouted hugging him. The doors were ripped open as guards rushed in to take you.

"No!" You screamed as they took you away.

"Get away from them!" Bucky shouted but before he could get to you the guards knocked him out.

"Bucky!"

/End of Flashback/

You fell to the floor as everyone pointed their weapons at you and Peter ran away from you.

"Y/N." You whispered as you stared at the floor. You looked up at Bucky and ripped off your mask.

"Bucky." You said as tears ran down your face. He looked at you with confusion.

"L-Let's play a game." You said as you stared at him with hope.

"What's my name?" He whispered looking at you.

"Bucky." You said.

"What's your name?" He asked stepping closer to you.

"Y/N." You whispered as you stared into his eyes.

"It's you." He whispered as he finally reached you and pulled you into a tight hug.

"You're ok! I'm sorry I'm so sorry Y/N." He rushed out his words as he hugged you.

"B-Bucky." You stuttered through tears as you hugged him back.

Timeskip

You were sitting in the main room with all of the Avengers who had many questions.

"How old are you?" Steve asked.

(you can change it if you want I'm just making it the same as Peters)

"18." You muttered as some gasped.

"How long were you there?" Natasha asked.

"18 years." You said sadly.

"It's ok Y/N we won't let you go back." Bucky said as he nodded to you.

"Tony can Y/N stay here?" Bucky asked hopefully.

"Yeah. Yeah of course I'll just get a room set up." No one would ever admit it but Tony Stark always had a soft spot for Orphans.

"Thank you." You whispered as you looked down at the floor.

"Peter, why don't you show Y/N around a bit while we all talk?" Tony asked as Peter nodded and you stood to follow him.

"So why aren't you an Avenger?" You asked quietly.

"Tony just doesn't think I'm ready." He replied.

"Sorry I tried to kill you." You said nervously.

"Hah, it's ok. You were just trying to keep yourself safe. But it's ok you're safe with all of us here." He said reassuringly.

"Thank you, Peter." You said as you hugged him while he stood in shock.

"Anytime Y/N."

(Yes there will be part 2 but not for a while. I am leaving on a boat for 2 weeks with no wi fi so I'll see yall in two weeks! Right now I'm in Rome BTW)