Avengers - 'They'

I used to think darkness was bad, even scary. I thought dark and light could never be one, thousands of years I spent trying to pick between the two. But I never needed to pick. What I do, it would make you sick and horrified. No one could do what I do, if you had been what I've been through. You would hate yourself.

"So the great Tony Stark needs my help." You said as you look out onto the city you called home, for now.

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be Y/N." He said as you chuckled.

"Why is it so hard? Is it because I'm a monster? Villain? Criminal? What do they call me these days." You said as you stood and turned around to face him.

"In return we would offer you protection." He said as you laughed.

"You can't protect me from those who wish to harm me. You may be powerful in the humans eyes Mr. Stark. But to them? You are just a tiny insignificant human." You said as you shook your head.

"So would you help us or not?" He asked ignoring your comment.

"Of course Mr. Stark. But I'm not sure the humans would like the Avengers working with a world famous villain like me." You said as you turned back around looking into the city.

"I don't care what they think, what matters is taking down Hydra." He said as you nodded.

"This is really going to put me in a difficult situation Tony." You replied.

"Hydra has destroyed so many lives, you can't tell me you don't want that to end." He said as you smiled.

"If it were that simple I would have destroyed Hydra a long time ago." You said as he stood next to you.

"So why didn't you?" He asked.

"Hydra is a part of their plan, they don't like it when I ruin their plans." You said as he looked at you in confusion.

"You always say they, who are you talking about? Who could be worse than Hydra?" He said as you laughed and shook your head.

"Mr. Stark, Hydra is a picnic compared to others I have fought. And you ask? Who could be worse than Hydra. Heaven and Hell, that is what is worse that Hydra my friend." You said before you disappeared without another word. Tony looked down and saw a bit of paper that was left behind, it read "Call me when needed Mr. Stark" with a number beside it. He chuckled before he flew off.

————

"How did it go? Will she help us?" Natasha asked as the team sat and waited for his arrival.

"Yes, well I think. She's very cryptic in her ways." He said as he handed her a piece of paper.

"Are you sure this is the best idea?" Stephen said as he looked at the team.

"You wouldn't believe the things she has done Tony." He said as Tony nodded.

"I know, but she is our last hope to take Hydra down." He said pouring a drink.

"Why would she help us? What did you offer her?" Bucky asked.

"I offered her protection but she said I couldn't protect her from what wants to harm her." He said as they all looked confused.

"Before you say it, she said Heaven and Hell are worse than Hydra." Tony said.

"She expects us to believe all of that Heaven and Hell crap?" Natasha said.

"I don't care if you believe it or not, you asked for my help and I'm going to help you. But only on one condition." You said as you took a glass and poured yourself a drink.