At Last

"I said to him I ask do you realize you have just asked me one of the most important questions you might can ever ask me? He then said I know and I wouldn't have asked it if I wasn't serious. I said to him .....you have just asked me to give you one of the most precious and authentic gems that God has ever given to me. He said ...I know
I said to him you have just asked me about marrying my daughter one of the apples of my eye...marriage is a covenant bound by love. It's not a business, it's not a club, or anything of that & I ask you is that something you want. ? He said it's not a want it's I have to marry your daughter....honey he looked me into my eyes & I knew what he said .....he knew where he stood in this point in life. ....so I told him the speech your dad told me 39 years go"

"What speech?"

"Your dad made such a valuable point to me when I asked him to marry you....I told him look at my ring & asked him look at his fingers...I told him God could have made our fingers fit for any shape but he choose to make them round to fit circular rings.....I said a circle will always signify a never ending love from God & it reminds us to display the same love he's showed to us is the same love we must give to each other & for you especially to your wife to be....."

"Awwwww.....that was some very wise advice you gave Ansel......"

"I know......I'm just trying to accept that I'm placing my baby girl in another man's hands"

"We knew this day would come.& I'm so proud of the daughter that we raised."

Ansel's pov

I stayed up all night just honestly quite anxious about my plans tomorrow. I started thinking about the first time we met. I remember we met at Francis Art Gallery & we both looked at a painting and she silly stood next to me and said this painting on the wall looks more like a strawberry glazed in Nutella. We both laughed so hard.....i remember our first date. I wanted to take her somewhere fancy but she just wanted to go bowling & walk around Central Park when we just happened to be in New York at the same time. I remember when she said she loved me for the first time assuming I wasn't ready but I was gearing up to tell her but she beat me too it. I remember the moment I knew I was in love with her. It sounds silly but I knew I was in love with her when we were in dead mid conversation and she forget everything she was going to say and so she starts talking about something els. It was then when I saw before my eyes & I made up in my mind that I don't mind loving someone who can make me laugh and forget something so easy, & loving someone I can have 3 different conversations at one time & completely understand what she's saying. I just knew & I never been the same since. All of that leads to this point in time now. I'm ready to begin writing a new chapter in life with her as my wife.

Christmas Day

Your Pov

In just a few hours everyone will be here. Dinner is good to go & now it's time to get ready. My cheeky boy left a beautiful dress for me underneath the tree with a note asking me to wear it. I'm glad because I honestly wasn't to sold on the dress I already had the one he gave me was perfect. By the time I was ready everyone started arriving I was getting so excited because everyone was here & this is going to be the perfect Christmas.

Went out of my room to see everyone. I greeted everyone & wished everyone a Merry Christmas. It was dinner time & boy I was hungry & so was everyone els. Dinner was ready & we all gathered & ate. Once were all done we all were at the table talking. I looked around the table & just sat in awe. I was so happy to see the man of my dreams family & my family together in harmony, laughing telling stories & smiling... I'm so humbled & just so grateful for everything. I was out of my thoughts when I felt Ansel grab my hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked thinking I was sad & he tickled me making me smile

"Nothing.....thank you for giving me the perfect Christmas" I said leaning in for a kiss. He gives me a small peck

"It's not quite perfect yet I havent to given you your present yet"

"This is the best present ever babe. "

"I hope the next present is the second best....let's all gather in the other room Y/n & I want to give you all gifts. " Ansel said to everyone & we all went into the family room where the Christmas tree is. Ansel and I passed out all of the presents to everyone. To see the looks on their faces really warmed my heart. I was just so happy. I've never had a christmas like this before & I'm just really happy....this is a really a Christmas I'll never forget. I was about to give Ansel his present but he whispered in my ear.

"Let's save our gift exchanges for later tonight."

I just looked at him confused

"No u want you to open it now "

"Actually there is something I wanted do before we exchange."

"What's that?"

Everyone then stopped what they were doing & was quiet. I'm so confused right now as to why everyone is acting really strange right now. Ansel grabs my hands & looks me in the eyes.

"What I wanted to do first is tell you how much I love you. Thank you for making this Christmas so special but I want to thank you especially for everything you do for me......before you came into my life i thought I could just get by just working....not caring about anyone or anything else besides music, & acting but you came into my life & just made me the man that I knew I always wanted to be. I thought I'd never get to be who I am today...maybe until I was 30.......but you are amazing because through all the mistakes ive made & my short comings....the good & bad....after that's all done and said you love me unconditionally through it all. Y/n I want to spend the rest of my life with you......." Ansel got down on one knee & I'm freakin shaking like crazy right now. Ansel pulls out a small black velvet box & my heart started pounding.

"Y/n will you make me the happiest man on earth by being my wife.....will you marry me?"

Ohhhhh myyyyyyy Godddddd this is happening.

"Yes, yes, yes I'll marry you" I said & he pulled the ring out of the box & slid it on my ring finger. He got up & I pulled him into me & picked me up & spun me around. tears were falling down my eyes. Ansel put me down & cupped my cheeks with his huge palms while using his thumbs to gently whip my tears away & he kissed me. Our first kiss officially engaged this kiss I will never forget. From that moment on I never stopped smiling. This was truly the best christmas ...a Christmas I'll never ever forget.

The End.

For Now ;-)