Lesson Learned

It's starting to get annoying seeing Y/n in my hoodies. Every time were in the house and she gets cold she takes my hoodies. Like right now.

"I see your in one of my hoodies again" I said

"I'm cold babe. Your hoodies are everything" y/n trying to be adorable. It's sickening because I almost fall for it every time. But I'm mad because she keeps taking it. I enjoy her only wearing my hoodie and everything but she does it to much.

"You should have just cuddled with me" I said and then she just looked at me "im just saying"

"I can't wear your hoodie?" she said with a pouty look

"It's fine" I said.

Girls definitely can make a guy feel guilty.

Y/n's Pov

I was busy getting ready to go out with my girls and I swear all this week something of mine has been going missing. I mean everything from my neckless to my make up collection to my shoes to my purses. I swear I don't have the best memory and everything but I don't think that my stuff just mysteriously up & go missing.

Today I was taking the day to look for everything that's missing. I looked everywhere I could think of & I still couldn't find it.

"Babe what are you doing?" Ansel said entering our room. Noticing the mess I'm causing

"Hey babe I'm just looking for some stuff that's missing...especially my trinket..i can't find it anywhere" I said & I looked up at him & to notice him trying to keep his composure or something

"Did you take my stuff" I asked not wanting to believe he would just take my stuff & hide it from me.

He then bursted out laughing & it's clear he did.

"Why did you do that? bring me back my stuff" I said laughing a bit along with him playing a prank on me. I'm just happy to know my stuff isn't lost forever.

Ansel then comes in the room with this box of all my stuff. I look through it all & found everything ok but my trinket. I was crushed. Ansel stopped laughing once he noticed my face & noticed my trinket broke

"Babe I'm so sorry..... I'll get you another trinket...that definitely was not suppose to happen" Ansel said not understanding how special this trinket is to me.

"Dont" I said simply

I just took the box from him & put it on my side of our closet.

"Babe I only took your stuff because you were taking my hoodies Everytime and I wanted to mess with you get you back. & for your trinket I did not do that on purpose it must have broke when I placed in the box" Ansel said & I just slipped my flip flops on and put my trinket in my coat pocket. I needed to leave. I didn't want to be around him right now.

"Babe I can get it repaired for you or atleast get you a new one if you like" Ansel offered as I zipped my coat "babe where are you going?" He asked

"Ill be back later ok." I said calmly

"Why..Please don't go" Ansel said

"I just need some air I'll be back ok" I said & he wanted to kiss me thinking it was going to make me stay but I moved so he wouldn't kiss me.

Ansel's Pov

Damn I prank my girlfriend one time & it goes bad. I know she's pissed. Y/n was leaving. As she was leaving a note fell out her pocket. I picked it up & it was a letter. I opened it & it was a hand crafted letter written to her from her grandmother about her mom. & I instantly felt like the worse boyfriend in the world. That trinket was from her mom. Damn she's going to break up with me. I just know it.

I rushed to go find her & I remembered she might be at the shop to get it fixed. So I rushed there to find her. I went in to ask the man had she come in.

"Yeah She just left maybe 10 minutes ago & boy she was pretty upset. She's so sweet. I promised her I'll fix her trinket" the man said

"Thanks" I said

I then figured where she would go & then I got in my car to go there. Happily I was right she was in Ben & Jerry 's ice cream shop sitting alone eating her ice cream.

"Babe..I can't tell you how sorry I am for your trinket I know that means the whole world to you. " I said sincerely

"Ansel you didn't know I'm not angry with you I'm just upset it's broke that all. I just hope it can be repaired" she said whipping a tear away and I felt so horrible. I know I can't touch her I'm doing my best to fight the urge to

"Please don't cry" I beg feeling horrible

"Why didn't you just tell me I annoyed you when I wore your hoodies. I would have stopped...you shouldn't be afraid to tell me when I'm being annoying" she said

"Babe I didn't want to hurt your feelings & I know your use to doing it & it was just that moment in time that it bothered me. We live together & what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine. I should have never did that I wasn't thinking at all. I'm so sorry. I never meant to break anything especially something special from your mom anything special to you I would never purposely break it" I said sincerely

"I know I'm just angry you couldn't tell me I was being annoying. I'm not mad about you breaking my trinket. I get you were playing with me & I know you didn't know anything about it that's not your fault" she said & tears poured down her face & I just couldn't help it. I sat in the empty seat next to her so I can hold her. She cried into my shoulder as I rubbed my hand through her soft hair trying to calm her . I whispered how sorry I was in her ear repeatedly. She finally calmed down & told me about the trinket. Y/n never met her mom. She died giving birth to Y/n so it was only her dad & her grandparents. When y/n was 12 her dad suffered a heart attach in his sleep & passed away. She said she never knew her dad suffered from depression & was sick. She was his pride and enjoy & he told her that his reason to wake up everyday was because of her....once he passed away Y/n went to live with her grandparents. Y/n grandma died last year & I was there for her when it happened. It was Y/n's grandfather who gave her the letter her grandmother wrote her for to give her as a gift for 20th birthday.

Y/n never talks about this in depth. I knew somethings but this was her first time ever telling me in depth. She is so strong & she credits it all to God & her grandfather.

I will never be able to repair the damaged I caused by my prank & I don't know if I will ever be forgiven fully. But I just know I'll never again hurt her like this again. & I mean never again.