The Neglect Series

I've been really feeling down & in my feelings lately. It's just everyone close to me are now in relationships & I'm just that friend of everyone that's single. I'm not mad I'm single.....its frustrating sometimes because I do hope to be loved unconditionally by my idea of Prince Charming but that's not the point. I'm just sad because now I've basically fallen off the face of the earth and nobody cares. Nobody calls me or text me. They don't answer me when I reach out its really sad but you know it's just one of those phases in life.

Tonight was just like any other night lately just in the house with my fruit, snacks & my Netflix & my Ed sheeran & John Mayer. That has been my survival kit over these past 4 months. I then got a call coming in from my bestie Lani.

"Lani!!"

"Y/nnnnnnnnnnnn ive missed you so much omg it's not even funny"

"I've missed you more than you will ever know"

"You need to come over to Rodney's house were having a movie night & pizza....we're all meeting up me, john, cassie, Paul & Ansel & you have to come"

"Ansel is in town ?"

"Yes he's here you need to come see us all you been away forever"

"Ummm I don't think I can make it tonight"

"No you are coming because I'm in route right now to come get you"

"No no no no no ill come dont come here I'll go but I can't stay long"

"You better be at rods in less than another hour."

Lani is crazy and I have no time for her to harassing me. It would be nice to see everyone but I know I can't stay long.

I got there in an hour & I see everyone but Ansel. But finally he came & I saw him & his girlfriend was with him.

"Y/n" Ansel said pulling me into a hug so tight while lifting my off the ground.

"Anselllll I've missed you" I said honestly and I'm really happy to see him.

"I haven't seen you in so long"

"Your squeezing me to death....put me down"

"Oh sorry"

"Yeah let her breathe Ansel" Ansel's girlfriend said feeling uncomfortable & if I was her id feel the same I mean Ansel really did just forget about her & wrapped me up in his arms. That's our dynamic & everything but that's not cool for her but yeah.

"I'm sorry." He says while putting me down

"It's fine & hey" I said to his girlfriend & I'm bad because I don't even remember or know her name but I do want to be respectful you know.

"Hey"

"You look great" Ansel said admiring me

"Thanks Sel, did you get taller?"

"No your just shrinking" Ansel said and we both laugh.

We talked for a bit & then I noticed his girlfriend was getting jealous & was pulling him away to keep his attention. It worked....i can't say I blame her Ansel did really forget all about her as soon as he saw me.

As we all caught up it was almost movie time & I knew it was my time to go. Everyone is going to be all lovey dovey because they have some one & I'm just like randomly here. I have to avoid that awkwardness.

"Rodney I'm heading out I have a long day tomorrow"

"Sis we haven't seen you in forever & you bail. Com on the night is still young"

"Why are you leaving?" Ansel asked

"I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow & I'm not even prepared so I have to go"

"But you haven't stayed for the movie"

"I know but another time.....i promise I love you all enjoy the movie" I said to all of them and I made my way to the door with my bro Rodney walking me to my car.

"You know i know you don't have nothing planned tomorrow"

"I do just not first thing as I was making it seem like....am I a bad liar?"

"Of course to your bro that knows you........why are you so distant? "

"I could ask you the same mr.dont return my calls back"

"Is this what all of this about ?"

"No of course not"

"Listen we will always care...so never forget that ok?"

"Ok" I said while getting into my car to drive off. I miss things the way they were.