𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘.

"Thank you, I really needed to get out the house," Rocky said as she let the man drill her fingernails, from where I was sitting it seemed like he was cutting up her hand

"Thank you, I really needed to get out the house," Rocky said as she let the man drill her fingernails, from where I was sitting it seemed like he was cutting up her hand. "Ow, easy on that shit,"

"What? No drill?" He stopped the drill and spoke through his mask.

"Yeah, I don't even know why y'all do that in the first place," she rolled her eyes.

"You're welcome," I nodded and relaxed my hand as the woman filed down my acrylic nails into a coffin shape. "I did too. Having a kid has made me naturally tired and I could just be laying on the couch. We need to take a trip, just me and you. No kids, no distractions, just us,"

"That'd be nice, but I don't trust anybody with Giselle for that long. She only knows me foreal so it'd be weird, she real clingy and will throw a fit if I ain't around," Rocky kept her eyes down on her hand making sure he didn't pull that damn drill out again.

My nail tech was gentle and it seemed like dude was just rushing for whatever reason.

"I understand," I said sighing, knowing she needed a breath of fresh air. She barely left the house and didn't do anything without Giselle around. But it was reasonable, she just lost her baby's father and the love of her life so it's hard to be apart from the closest thing to AJ.

Giselle was sitting on her lap, relaxing and watching Rocky get her nails done. I wish I could get Gino to stay still like that but luckily for me, Kojo had him for the day.

I breathed out, my fingers getting stiff and after she finished my right hand I wiggled my fingers up. My wedding was months away but since Kojo gave me some extra cash I decided to get my nails done, he insisted.

I never had to ask him for money cause I had my own but I never declined when he offered it to me. People assume I'm with him for the money when I had my own shit before I even know who he was.

And after taking a lot of time off from working, I had found me a waitressing job at a fancy restaurant. I didn't need to work at all and with me going back to school, it was more shit to juggle around. But, I'd rather be self-made than spoon-fed, I wanted to work hard for everything I had.