𝐎𝐍𝐄.

ℙ𝕃𝔸𝕐𝕀ℕ𝔾 ℂℝ𝔼𝕎 (𝕗𝕥

𝕃𝔸𝕐𝕀ℕ𝔾 𝔼𝕎 (𝕗𝕥. 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝔽𝕒𝕚𝕪𝕒𝕫) - 𝔾𝕆𝕃𝔻𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂

         Red and blue lights flashing on me but I wasn't getting pulled over

Red and blue lights flashing on me but I wasn't getting pulled over. I was a slave to the stage, working hard for each and every dollar they threw my way. The loud music pumping like the blood running through my veins. I was shaking on the inside but I wouldn't dare let a soul know I was nervous.

For this being one of my first times stripping, I was doing better than half the bitches that's been here longer than me.

My hands gripped onto the long silver pole, using all my upper body strength to pull myself up. My long legs wrapping around like pretzels as I climbed. I was out here half naked in front of hundreds of people who wouldn't stop throwing money at me. If only my mother knew what I was doing, she'd turn over in her grave. But I wasn't complaining.

I had bills to pay, college funds needed to be payed off, and I needed to stack my bread up to move out this hell.

Goldlink's smooth voice continued to rap through the speakers. I tried not to pay attention to the words, just the rhythm of the song. The words were a distraction, so I focused on the cadence.

I bit my lip tightly, spinning around the pole with my eyes closed. Me imagining myself filthy rich in a mansion full of diamonds and pearls, it was the only thing keeping me going.

No kids to live for, no family to feed, but I strived for greatness anyways. Good things don't come to anyone that sits around and waits.

You gotta make shit happen.

When my session was over, I did what I needed to do. I gathered up every bit of money I had and made my way to the back so I could count my royalties for the night.

The other girls were doing the same, flicking they fingers through the ones. Stripping was not at all apart of the program.

But when life hits you, you gotta be ready. And I remember being sixteen and out on my own, I wasn't ready at all, scrapping up change in my car to make a meal. Three years later and I'm still on my grind.

I went from house to house until I wasn't welcome anymore. I gave away shit I never had just to keep myself warm on those cold winter nights. It was a long year for me, losing my mama due to a deadly heart attack.

When they found out I was skipping school, it was lights out for me. I couldn't go where I wanted, didn't have many friends, and had to put up with a foster family that consisted of a evil bitch that let her husband beat on us and sexually abuse us when he felt like it.

"Genie," Golden snapped her fingers, bringing me out of my own little world.

"Hmm?" I tied my brows together trying not to lose my count.

"Was Darrell out there?" She pumped more volume into her hair, rubbing her tongue across her teeth.

"Wasn't paying any attention," I breathed out throwing my money into my purse, fixing it on my shoulder.

"I hope he is, I'ma need his extra tip money. Rent's due tomorrow and I could use every penny," she pushed up her breasts and made seductive faces in the mirror making me shake my head.

"Well, good luck," I rose up from my chair. "I gotta get home before Kevon gets there,"

"Why you still ain't tell him?" Golden snapped her head towards me. "He's gone suspect some wit' you coming home late every night,"

"I'll tell him, just won't be tonight. Now goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow," I blew her a kiss and made my way out the club.

Before I went home I stopped at the gas station near the apartments. I needed a full tank of gas for tomorrow.

"Can I get thirty on pump two?" I stretched my neck out to make sure I had the right spot.

"Anything else?" The indian man raised an eyebrow, I just shook my head and handed them the money before walking out.

The second I opened the door a tight grip was on my arm, I was damn near pulled out of my body. "What's yo' name baby?" The man with freeform dreads rubbed his hands together.

"Shit like that get you killed, keep yo' hands off me," I moved away from him, clutching tighter onto my bag.

"I said what's yo' name," he jogged up beside me, now standing in front of me, mirroring my steps.

"Aye, bae you straight?" A complete stranger made his way towards me. "Is he bothering you?"

I couldn't help but stare up at him. He was a complete giant compared to me, he was slender but muscles peeked through his short sleeves. He was a darker shade of brown, had facial hair and the waves on his head made my vision blurry.

"Nah, I was just try—,"

"Beat it nigga," he jumped at him and helped me to my car. That guy was lucky, I had a whole thing of pepper spray ready for his ass.

"Thanks," I said going over to pump my gas.

"It's too cold out here for you to be pumping gas, sitcho pretty ass in the car," he chuckled, giving me a slight smile as he bit down on his bottom lip.

"Well I appreciate it," I accepted his offer and just stood there watching him pump my gas.

"You from round here?" He asked, the words running out of his mouth.

"Nah, I moved out here about two years ago," I crossed my arms.

"Don't be a stranger," he looked over at the gas pump, watching the numbers go up. "I'm Kojo,"

"I'm Genie,"

"Genie?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"What's funny?" I blinked slowly, tilting my head sideways.

"Just different," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, okay Kojo,"

He finished pumping my gas and put the pump back in it's place, screwing the cap back on my gas nozzle. "Thank you," I told him before going over to the drivers side.

"Ain't a thang lil' mama," he smirked, putting his hands in his front pockets before walking off. "Aye, hollup,"

"Wassup?"

"Can I get yo' number or sum?" He scratched the back of his neck as if he was nervous.

"Uh," I held it out trying to figure out how to say no in a polite way. "Nah, I got a boyfriend,"

"Oh, I respect it," he nodded his head. "But you be careful out here and have a goodnight,"

(Hope y'all like the book so far. I do have a YT channel and I'm reaching to reach 1K views so y'all should subscribe Divine Brujita. Thanks 🥰 and make sure to follow my backup @juicytiti