𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

"How do you cope?" Dr

"How do you cope?" Dr. Creque looked at Kojo as he leaned back in his seat.

"I don't. Why should I have to deal with my pain? It already hurts enough," he shrugged his shoulders, it felt like he was in an interrogation room. Genie forced him to go to therapy, the whole family needed help.

"It's all about healing those open wounds. They'll get infected if you don't treat them," she told him, hoping that touched him in a way that he'd see it in a different light. "Slapping a bandaid on a gunshot wound isn't gonna make the bullet go away, you have to take proper care of it,"

He just listened to her speak, he was still trying to be this hardbody with no feelings. He didn't know how to open up and the second he did, he would explode.

"You've been less talkative in our meetings. Is there something weighing on your shoulders that you like to focus on?" She raised an eyebrow, watching him pick at the armrest on the chair.

"I uh, I just been stressed out. My girl means everything to me. I proposed and I still feel like something is missing. It's like there's this fuckin' dark cloud over my head, cause nothing but bad shit been happening," he kept his eyes ahead of him, he was scared to lock eyes with him.

He knew she could sense his true feelings, he was emotional. He was engaged but his heart was still broken, everybody took something away from him.

Kojo had been thinking a lot about his past. He was afraid of the future and what it may bring. He was scared to die, he lost AJ so who's to say he's not next on somebody's hit list.

"You wanna know what I think?" She uncrossed her legs and bent down to meet his eyes. "I think you're scared and you don't wanna admit it. You play this tough guy card and feel like you're invincible but at the end of the day you're not him. You have feelings and you let your mama turn you into this beast who not only has ruined lives but you're gonna ruin your own if you don't change that,"

"You don't have to be him anymore. You've found love and you shouldn't worry about what's yet to come for you. Wether it's bad karma or just bad luck, you are living your best moments right now. Don't ruin yourself focusing on the past, take that and learn from it. Try to be better than the old you, work toward a better Kojo,"

"And how the fuck do I do that?" He shrugged his shoulders, locking eyes with her as she shrugged her shoulders back at him.

"You want Gino to grow up, mad at the world? If he grows up watching you be so damn closed in, he's gone think a man isn't supposed to have feelings and that's not the case. You wanna close yourself off to the world, cool. But don't let your son get that way he doesn't deserve that. He already has amazing parents, don't let your ways rub off on him," she leaned back in her seat, studying his posture. He was sitting in the chair like he was some boss but deep down she knew he wasn't all the way there.