𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍.

PLAYING SHUT IT DOWN - DRAKE

"Grant three wishes, our girl Genie coming to the stage," DJ Spazz announced, as I stepped out

The crowd of men applauding, a few females here and there. I wasn't nervous anymore, this shit was actually exciting. My adrenaline was pumping, I was filled with energy.

Spazz played 'Dance For You' by Beyoncé, and I wasn't really used to dancing to slow songs. But it couldn't have been that hard.

As it started, I grabbed the highest part I could reach on the pole. Taking a few laps around before I hooked my knee onto it.

Slowly spinning around like a carousel, and the money started rolling in. Hundreds and fifties landing on my body as I performed.

I shook my thighs to make my ass jiggle. Moving away from the pole I figured I'd dance seductively to this song.

I rolled my hips to match the rhythm of the song, I would crawl on the floor for the hell of it but this carpet is disgusting. They don't clean shit out here but the pole, and sometimes that ain't even clean.

My set was almost up and there was mountains of money under my feet. This is really the only thing good coming out of this job.

I just took a second to look around the crowd. Most of these men had families, and got a kick out of watching young women dance on a pole. Some niggas in here selling coke, I watched everything.

Fine by me though, I had money to make. A lot of people frowned about my occupation be the same people that come in and watch. Everyone gets quiet when I tell them I'm a stripper, yet I make more money than they do in a year.

I gathered up all my dollars, not even caring about how much I made. This amount of money will have a bitches fingers falling off.

"Goldie let go of her hair bitch," I heard someone say before I walked into the dressing room. Golden had Chanel on the ground, holding her hair as she punched her in the face.

Chanel just started working here a few days ago so there should be no reason for them to be fighting. Unless there was something going on that I didn't know about.

I couldn't drop my money, so I rushed over to my dresser. My friend wasn't losing so I kind of watched for a minute, she had some hands on her.

She was drilling that girl, I felt bad but she had to have done something for this ass whooping. Golden is not a fighter. She would talk her shit but I never seen her back it up.

"Stupid. Ass. Bitch," Golden said in between her punches, picking the girls head up and slamming it into the ground.

"Y'all that's enough," Aurora said, trying to pull Golden off of the girl. "Get off her Goldie,"

I couldn't watch anymore, the girl wasn't even fighting back anymore.

"Golden, come on what are you doing?" I sighed yanking her up from the ground. "Take that shit outside next time,"

"That bitch need to stay from round my shit, I don't play about none of the shit I paid for," she said kicking her foot out but I pulled her away.

"The fuck going on?" I scrunched my eyebrows and looked at her.

"Hoe took my diamond earrings, walked in here and she had 'em in," She grew loud and grabbed all her shit from the dresser, putting it in her purse. "Everybody in here know not to touch my stuff, new bitch like to be a daredevil,"

"I'll touch that shit again," Chanel said with her eye leaking out blood, holding a rag up to it.

"Don't try to be cute," Golden sighed deeply and looked back at her. "This really ain't what you want,"

"Bitch you snuck me,"

"And? You was being sneaky tryna take my shit, shoulda been on the lookout hoe," she shrugged her shoulders and held onto her purse.

I just put my attention elsewhere, my phone ringing but there was no caller id just an unknown number.

"Who is this?" I raised an eyebrow as I put on jeans over my bikini bottoms.

"That ain't how you answer the phone," his deep voice chuckled, but I was confused I had no idea who the hell this was.

"Who the fuck is this? You called me," I rolled my eyes getting ready to hang the phone up.

"It's Mav, better chill out fore I snatch that ass up,"

"Oh, how'd you get my number?" I zipped up my backpack and got ready to leave the club for the night.

"You forget everything don't you? Gave it to me the night we hooked up. Figured I'd call and see what you was up to?"

"Well, it's a little too late for that dontcha think?"

"Nah, nigga like me don't sleep. Was tryna see if you was down to take a road to Atlanta wit' me,"

"Why you asking me? And what's in Atlanta this late at night?"

"Girl it's only 1 AM, where you at?"

"Finna leave work,"

"Well, go home and get dressed. You coming wit' me tonight,"

"Um, I ain't the type to move when you say move. Got me fucked up," I laughed, unlocking my car door and getting inside to turn the heat on.

He must be used to girls falling to his feet but that ain't me. I will never sell my self short to anyone ever again. I knew my worth and anybody who thought they had some control over me needs to think again.

"Yeah, I know. But I do want you to come wit' me, just let me know when you ready,"

"Who said I was going?" I said pulling out of the filled parking lot, driving to Rocky's.

"Why you gotta be so damn difficult?"

"Ain't nobody being difficult, you ain't running shit over here. Ask politely, and maybe I'll reconsider,"

"Genie, can you ride with me to Atlanta?"

"No,"