𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑.

yes, i'm skipping time. everybody is sad and it's just gonna drag on the sad shit. you not missing out on anything, i put y'all through enough with this book. now enjoy

 now enjoy

"Gino, come to mama baby," I looked down at him, he just turned one and he was trying his hardest to walk

"Gino, come to mama baby," I looked down at him, he just turned one and he was trying his hardest to walk. He took gradual steps and waved his arms in the air like an airplane. I guess that was his way of balancing himself.

He laughed and clapped his hands before collapsing onto his butt.

"Yay," I clapped with him, praising him for his effort. He was able to stand and take a few steps but he hasn't mastered walking all the way.

"Eeee," he cheesed, flashing his teeth continuing to slap his hands together.

I sat on the carpet with my legs crossed, he flipped onto his hands and crawled to me. It was just us home, I liked spending time alone with Gino. He was the smartest and cutest baby I've ever laid eyes on.

He crept over to where I was, laying on my lap. He was rubbing his tiny fist into his eye.

"Baba," he said onto my thigh making me scrunch up my eyebrows. He was trying to talk, saying little phrases like this and usually, he was just rambling.

I rubbed my hand against his back. "I love you fat man,"

Gino wasn't chubby anymore, he was slimming down. But Kojo and I still refer to him as fat man. One of the nicknames that we got stuck calling him.

He just hummed, my hands gripped onto my book. I'd been doing some reading to help get my brain flowing. I've been zoning out a lot so Dr. Creque suggested it to help me focus.

Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison.

I wasn't sure what I was reading, it caught my eye at Barnes and Noble. I'm not much of a reader, never thought I'd ever read again after high school.

Now that I'm applying for colleges, it was a start. I needed to start somewhere, my phone was full of bullshit so why not pick up a book.

The second I started to read the book, my phone buzzed on the couch.

"Gino," I picked him up, he was getting heavy as hell. Boy was growing like a weed and I wish he'd slow down next thing you know he'll be graduating high school. He's gonna make me feel old as hell, Jolin too.

I turned my phone over, answering Kojo's FaceTime call. "Hey baby,"

"How was your flight?" I asked, he had to leave us to go to New York. He had some actual business meetings, he was gonna partner up with some guy he knew from a while back.

"Slept the whole way here," he licked his lips and stared at the camera. "Where G at?"

"Right here on my chest," I moved the phone out and he just smiled.

"Gino," he said in a firm tone making him turn around, he moved his hand over his face. "You not gone look at daddy?"

Gino shook his head fast in my chest, he's probably upset his daddy left him. He was very aware of his surroundings after the shooting. A lot of things catch his attention, like his father being gone.

"He being moody," I sat back down in my spot on the floor, continuing to rub on Gino's back.

"Wish y'all was here, I'm gone be bored as hell in this suite,"

"Yeah, you got shit to take care of. We'll be here when you get back," I assured him, our eyes locking and it made me feel like we had our first kiss again. The smallest things made me fall for him all over again.

"This why I'm marrying you," he nodded slowly closed a door behind him, his focus was back on me.

"Yeah, I need a ring," I said showing him my empty ring finger, he's been talking about marriage and has yet to propose.

He was probably waiting for the right time and I wasn't in any kind of rush, we were already together. But he wanted to bring Gino up the traditional way. In a way, neither one of us got to experience and it meant a lot to him.

"Shit I got the ring, the proposal the only thing I'm struggling wit'," he longed, I watched him pace around I assumed he was looking for something. I just admired him through the phone. I hated that he'd be gone for a few days but I completely understand. "I want it to be perfect,"

This will keep him out of the drug game. Getting out this early usually resorts to gun violence but he had the right connects. He was doing the right thing, we didn't need anyone else we loved dying or getting hurt.

It was getting exhausting, after Kojo lost AJ he didn't want any parts with the drug game. Cause now he's a target, right along with me and the kids.

"I love y'all. I'm finna go meet with Brian, I'll call you after this meeting babygirl," he looked down at the phone, flashing his pearly whites in the camera.

"We love you too. Be careful," I said, before blowing him a kiss.

"Always," he smiled before ending the call.

I noticed Gino was sleeping, so I went to go lay him down on our bed. I never wanted him alone so I laid next to him. My fingers twisted the light switch, turning the lamp on.

I let out an exhausting yawn, cuddling up to my pillow. A nap is needed, I set my alarm so I could pick Jolin up from school when it was time.

I switched the lamp off and got comfortable before slowly pressing my eyelids together. Every time I shut my eyes there was small flashbacks of the incident.

I tried to shake the thought, opening my eyes in short order. The dark sometimes scared me now and since Kojo's gone I don't really have anybody to keep me together.

-

this my longest mf book, never again 😭 i done got too mf attached but i hope this chapter wasn't sad. i'm tryna get y'all out your feelings cause i was feeling bad

gino trying to walk 🥺

genie is traumatized in a way, we're gonna see more on how everything she went through will effect her.

y'all got any questions? i know there's a time skip so if you wanna know anything gone head and ask

um i have a writing tip instagram, so follow that for me por favor @soulofawriter

i would shout out someones book but no one else commented 🥴 see what happens when i try to do good things lol. but it's okay

if you do have a book i'd love to shout you out, get you a boost

see ya next chap 💓