𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.

"You work on New Years?" Kojo looked over to me as he bit into his piece of ham

"No I'm off, why?" I leaned my head in and watched him to see what he was gone say.

"Nothing," he shrugged his shoulders. "I was just asking. Thought maybe we could just get a hotel for the night or sum,"

"Mhm," I hummed and looked at him with my eyes squinted. I could tell he was hiding something but maybe it was just me overthinking.

His hands squeezing my thigh as he rubbed against it.

"Genie, I'm full," Jolin whined throwing her head back indicating that she was tired.

"Me too," I said sighing and poking my lip out as I looked at her.

"So, uhm Genie are you in school?" Kojo's mom asked and I just looked at her with my head tilted. She had been trying to be nice today but I saw through her bullshit.

"Uh, no I went for two years and dropped out," I shrugged just picking at the food on my plate. "What that gotta do with anything?"

"Just wanted to get to know you a little bit," she smiled shaking her head. "See what my son was getting into,"

"You had the chance and disrespected me. Kojo is grown I don't see why it's important for you to keep tabs on him. But since you concerned, he's in good hands," I scoffed and just rolled my eyes.

It's the way she moved, her words said one thing but her body language spoke for her. She didn't need to say anything I knew what type of mother she was.

One of those parents that felt like nobody was good enough for their kid. She already wasn't fucking with Kojo's choices but it's what he chose to do.

She wanted him to finish school. He didn't even graduate high school cause he was so heavy in the streets.

It's the path he chose and if she don't like it then oh well, but it's still your son. The fact that she did me so foul that day we met showed me everything I needed to know about her.

"Well, good," she nodded and wiped her mouth with a napkin.

"Y'all ready to go?" Kojo's head turned toward me and the kids.

"Yes, I'm tired," Jolin groaned and closed her eyes.

"Granny, we finna head out," Kojo bit on his lip and she just looked at him with a frown.

"Well," she sighed and shook her head slowly. "Y'all be careful and let me know when you make it home,"

"What y'all leaving already?" Rocky tilted her head and those brown eyes of hers grew real wide.

"Yeah, got some business we need to take care of," Kojo threw his napkin down as he got up from the table. "Food was good Granny, thank you. I'll be over here later to make a plate too,"

"Might as well go make it now, I'm putting the food up and going to bed soon as everybody leaves,"

"Aight," he nodded getting up and moving toward the kitchen.

"Y'all gone in there and fix y'all a plate too," Ms. Faye said with a smile. "Was really nice seeing y'all. Thanks for coming today,"

I enjoyed myself for the most part and hopefully I can get to spend more time around her. She just had high spirits all the time, nothing upset her and if it did you'd never know.

Meech got up to go fix his plate and I just sat at the table with my phone in my hand. Today had been long and it was getting late.

Waiting for what felt like forever we made our way to the car, Kojo had heated up the car prior to us getting in. But that didn't stop it from being cold as hell outside.

"I gotta go handle some wit' the guys, but I'll come through later on," Kojo said to me just making me nod with no vocal response.

"You straight?" He looked over to me before pulling out of the neighborhood.

"Yeah, I'm fine bae," I squinted my eyebrows at him and slowly gazed away from him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good you just seem like you upset bout sum," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Not upset just tired,"

I was watching the road as he was driving. My eyes glued to my phone, scrolling through different social media sites. Everybody posting their gifts and showing off their new expensive items.

I was over the social media era, we all felt like we needed to be better than the next person. It was like we all were in competition to be the baddest, richest, funniest, etc. I just watched people not letting anybody see the moves I made.

My life was private to the public, don't nobody need to know what the fuck I got going on. I was in my own world, living my best life.

I was grateful to have my brother and sister back in my grasp. Losing them and my mama was a nightmare and I don't ever wanna relive it again.

Golden texted me asking to take her shift next week and I declined, I kept my distance when it came to her.

And Kojo said he had something planned for us so I was ready to spend New Year's with him.

My eyes averted upwards quickly, there was a large collision smashing my side of the car. A big bodied Chevy ramming into the car making something in my body snap.

I felt like I was paralyzed, I didn't want to move and when I tried to it hurt.

"Are y'all okay?" I said groaning, a tear dropping down my cheek.

"No," I heard Jolin sniffling from behind me. "Gigi, my leg hurts,"

-

oweeee i was tryna update twice today but i fell asleep so you gotta wait until tomorrow 😭 but i'm doing nanowrimo so im slowing down on the updates 🥴