𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑.

It took me a while to catch my breath, and it brought me back to that night Kevon damn near killed me

It took me a while to catch my breath, and it brought me back to that night Kevon damn near killed me. His large hands covering my throat attempting to snap the bones in my neck.

I was in so much shock from the whiplash that I couldn't even feel the wiggle movements in my toes.

"Gigi," Jolin cried out, her sobs full of agony. I couldn't get to hear or see what was going on, but I've never heard her cry like this — my heart breaking as she hiccuped and screeched out for me.

"Meech, check on her please," I tried to catch my breath as I felt my sense of touch come back to me.

The side of Kojo's SUV was caved in, damn near could've killed us all if the truck continued to accelerate. My heart was beating out of my chest as I watched the smoke dance in the bitter wind.

It was over for his truck, he snatched the door handle getting out of the car and running over to the white Chevy that didn't seem to know what breaks were.

"I just see a lot of blood," Meech snapped out of his seatbelt, removing his jacket and tying it around Jolin's small frail leg. Her head went back as he tried to smother the bleeding. It was very hard to watch and Kojo was outside arguing with the man that crashed into us.

Police lights flickering and the loud siren gave me some sort of hope for my little sister. I would rather feel her pain. And, my job was to protect her and Meech from harm's way. But I couldn't save them from tragedies like this.

"You 'posed to keep yo eyes on the fuckin' road, got this little girl in there in pain. You ain't got one fuckin' scratch on you my nigga. I hope you got money for my mothafuckin car too, shit wasn't cheap," I heard Kojo raging as he cussed at the man driving the truck.

His hands rubbing on the back of his head as he paced back and forth. The cops were running to the scene staring at both trucks and I kept my eyes on Kojo. He had this temper and it was already starting to show.

I just hoped that he'd try to keep his composure and I knew the second his switch flipped on it was a wrap. He saw nothing but red and his only intention was to kill, overhearing him on the phone with his guys kind of helped me connect the dots.

"Is anybody hurt?" A Hispanic female approached the car, she wore her hair in a messy bun. She was thin and kept her brown eyes on me as I looked back at her. "Ma'am, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, my sister needs to get to a hospital. She's bleeding out," I chewed on my bottom lip and tried to keep my eyes from growing blurry from the tears.

She rushed behind me and pried Jolin's door open. The woman moved with a purpose, trying to get her out as fast as she could.

All I heard were Jolin's soft sobs and her hard hiccups, she was packed in the woman's arms. I pushed on my door until it opened trying to run toward the ambulance to watch after Jolin.

Meech followed behind me and I just watched them as they placed her onto the white-sheeted gurney.

"Is she gone be okay?" Meech's worried voice made me upset he rested his head on me and focused ahead.

"She'll be fine, just a real deep gash but we can stitch that up. She is losing blood so we'll have to get her a blood transfusion," the woman explained trying to keep her main focus on strapping Jolin into the gurney.

She was starting to look pale in the face, you could tell she wasn't well.

I just breathed in deeply trying to keep calm. The woman motioned her hand forward implying that we hurry and get onto the truck.

"We're not really allowed to have more than one on the trucks but I'll make an exception for you,"

"Can you just give me a second," I took a split second to run over to Kojo, let him know that I needed to go look after my sister.

His jaws clenched as he talked to the officer that came over to investigate, his eyes growing darker than they usually do, and I just floated my hand over his shoulder.

When we made physical contact, his eyes shifted and softened up as he looked at me.

"We gotta take the ambulance, Jolin's losing blood. Are you gonna be okay?" I tilted my head worrying about him snapping on someone.

"Y'all go 'head, let me know when you're there. AJ on his way to pick me up so I'll just meet y'all there. I love you," he touched the back of my neck smashing his chin on my head and kissing my lips before letting me go.

"I love you too," I fluttered my eyes closed, holding onto his neck wishing we could stay like this but I had to get on this truck before my sister bled to her death. Our lips touching for the last time before I hopped in the back of the ambulance.

Jolin just laid there while the woman wrapped her leg with a white cloth, blood seeping through slowly. I brushed my hand against hers, it was colder than winter. She wasn't even at the proper temperature and it frustrated me.

The ride was only ten minutes yet felt like time was slowing down. My babygirl didn't deserve to feel any of this and after this I promise to try my best in keeping her safe.

The nurses scrapped their feet along the concrete coming to retrieve Jolin. They ran around getting her into surgery to stitch up her deep wound.

"She's gonna be fine," the nurse came out to inform us. A wave of relief came over me and I could finally use my lungs to breathe again.

-

my poor baby jojo 🥺 she's okay though

how we feeling?