𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗.

"Ahh, be gentle," I slapped Kojo's hand as he forced my shoe on

They had me take them off so they could get my weight. And I never had an insecurity about how much I weighed. But when she read it off I was shocked, I gained twenty pounds already.

All that damn junk food and fast food got me feeling huge.

"My bad," he chuckled and tied the strings before sitting back in his chair. "Why the doctor take so long,"

"I don't know, probably working with somebody else right now," I said pushing my body backwards so I could lay comfortably.

Kojo sighed sliding down in the chair and he just stared at me.

"What?" I rolled my neck and bugged my eyes out at him.

"You just beautiful," he shrugged putting his hands inside his joggers. "That's all,"

Any other time my cheeks would heat up and I'd be a mess. But I've regained a lot of self control. Kojo didn't have that effect on me anymore and he thought it did.

"Thank you, Kojo," I said to him and he just nodded his head and let out a smooth no problem.

I sat back on the bed waiting on my OB/GYN to come in. I had a lot of questions about my pregnancy, some things were weird and I just wanted to make sure my baby was healthy.

Being the curious girl that I was I did some research and spooked myself a little bit. Watching those birth videos had me thinking I couldn't deliver this baby at all.

"When we find out the gender?" Kojo asked scratching his head, he gave up on the waves and was growing out a small fro. It looked nice on him.

"He should be able to tell us this time. I don't wanna know though," I shook my head and fiddled with my acrylic nails and I been longing for a fill in.

"Well he can tell me, I'm rey to go shopping. I done already bought some onesies to go under the outfits and some little shoes," he pouted and with the way his eyes lit up I could tell he was excited.

And he was doing better than me, I still have yet to go shopping. I just didn't want to jinx anything.

"You're happy 'bout this huh?" I laughed and kept me eyes on him.

"I'm excited as hell, this my chance to better myself. And I know I'm gone love the fuck outta my child. He or she ain't gotta worry 'bout having no wack ass parents either,"

"Yeah, we'll be good parents," I assured not only myself but him. Deep down inside this is a lot of pressure for the both of us. Having a baby and raising it from one to eighteen and longer than that if necessary.

"Fasho," he licked his lips and nodded his head up. My head shot toward the door watching my doctor come in.

"Hi, how are you feeling today Genie?" He said smiling and holding his hands behind his back.

"I feel good, just a little cramping,"

"Well, your uterus is growing so cramps are normal. Your vitals and everything looks good nothing to be worried about. Are you eating?"

"Everyday doc," Kojo chuckled rocking his legs back and forth as he sat in his chair.

"You are the father correct?" He turned to Kojo.

"Yeah," he nodded but looked at him in all seriousness.

The doctor began to flip through the papers asking me tons of questions before I could get out any of mine. He gave me a ton of advice, telling me how I should sleep and giving me a list of foods that are good and bad for the baby.

"Is seafood fine? I eat it 24/7," I bit down on my lip and he began to snicker.

"Um, seafood is a perfect protein. It's got some good fibers in it. A very healthy choice too so eat as much as you want," he chuckled and I just nodded my head, glad that my number one craving was safe to eat.

Kojo just doesn't know we're going to get seafood right after this.

"Okay good," I smiled and looked over at Kojo who was just shaking his head at me.

'Fat ass' he mouthed to me and made me squint my eyes.

The doctor was going over the ultrasound, telling us that the babies limbs and head had formed. It was about the size of a plum, preferably larger but we weren't exactly sure.

"Did you guys want to know the gender today? Or are we waiting?" He asked averting his eyes back and forth.

I motioned for Kojo to go ahead and get the news. He was eager to know, the second I told him he was ready to know about the gender. So this was his opportunity to do so.

"Yeah, you can tell me," he said getting up and followed the doctor outside of the room, pulling his grey joggers up.

"I hope you're a girl, so mama can dress you up all pretty, do your hair," I said rubbing on my stomach. "And keep you safe,"

It wasn't long before Kojo walked back in, teary-eyed and I poked my lip out. The doctor was just smiling and grabbed his folder.

"I prescribed you some prenatal vitamins. They lower the risk of the baby developing issues with the brain. They're optional but I do recommend taking them. Our next appointment is next month. March 1st a good date for you two?" He asked and I just nodded knowing I didn't have anything important going on that day.

"Alright, I'll see you guys then. Did you get your ultrasound pictures?" He said before leaving out of the room.

"Um, no I don't think she gave us any," I bit my lip and shook my head.

"Okay, I'll print them off and leave them at the reception desk. You two have a great day,"

"You too,"

Kojo helped me up from the bed and grabbed all my stray belongings. He held onto my back as we walked out of the room.

"Thank you for coming," I smiled down at the ground.

"I told you what it was Genie," he said putting my phone in my purse and throwing it over his shoulder. "I'm just as responsible, so I gotta make sure I'm playing my part,"

-

y'all prolly sleeping lmao but i felt like writing another chapter. hope you liked it 💕

i wrote a new story you don't have to read it but just a suggestion. i'm not really gonna be taking my other books serious until i'm finished with this long ass novel.

but feel free to add south central and torn into your libraries. they only get updates once a week and i update this everyday lol. but i just like to be active on here as much as possible. so hopefully y'all don't get annoyed with all this new content.

i love you guys and i'm glad people are liking this book. i love it too and lowkey don't want it to end 🥺

comment your fav character(s) and why? 🥶