𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘.

"You think Genie will wake up?" Jolin said dipping her french toast sticks in her syrup as she looked at Kojo

"You think Genie will wake up?" Jolin said dipping her french toast sticks in her syrup as she looked at Kojo. It was super early, he had gotten her ready for school and bundled Gino up so he wouldn't be so cold in this December weather.

It'd been months since the accident, Genie still in her coma. The doctors were saying she was starting to become more alert, but when the time came for her to wake up she'd need some special attention.

"I don't think, I know," Kojo spoke with confidence, but he wasn't too certain on how this would play out. He spent most of his time in the hopsital, watching over Genie and making sure she was okay. "She'll wake up when she ready,"

He would also come and tell her about his day, the baby, and what had been going on in the house. She was his escape and had been the second they got together. He always found it easy to confide in her, even when the two of them didn't get along.

Kojo couldn't wait til she woke up, he was gonna hold her so tight. He wanted to wait to propose, give her time to heal and put a ring on her finger. He was serious about her.

"It's been forever," Jolin sighed getting upset. She was confused on what a coma was. She just assumed Genie was dead at this point but a small amount of her kept the faith.

She was impatient but that's in her nature as a kid. They want everything right away but these things don't work like that.

"She just needs some time to rest," Kojo said texting AJ, he had got some insight on the shooting, giving Kojo all the info he needed.

When AJ heard about what happened, it didn't sit right with him at all. All ties to Mav were severed, they killed all his men. Their new distributors were from Columbia and wouldn't pull a rookie move like that.

Kojo was conflicted, hoping it wasn't anybody within his circle. And if it was then it'd be lights out for them and whoever decided to help. He didn't care, he's killed females he dated, cousins, old workers and the list goes on.

Once you crossed him he'd crop you out the picture, leaving you six feet under. He was ruthless as hell, did what he had to do to protect himself. And him being a family man, he had three individuals he had to look out for.

"You almost done? I gotta get you to school kid," he looked up at Jolin as she ate her food.

They were sitting in the family restaurant. He had cooked breakfast before dropping her off for a long day of learning. He had a long day ahead of him as well, first thing he did was drop Gino off with his grandmother.

It had been the same routine for them these past months. It was weird, Kojo was still trying to tackle fatherhood, a newborn and first grader. Jolin was easy, she'd just tell him what she needed. But Gino was now throwing fits and sometimes Kojo would cry with him, he didn't know what to do.

"I'm done," she said licking syrup from her sticky hands. She loved when Kojo made her french toast sticks with chicken strips.

His restaurant was doing good in the hood, regular customers, best customer service, and the food was made by some of the best soul food chefs in Georgia. Anything with his name surrounding it had to be perfect.