𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

"How is she?" Kojo stepped into the room slowly, speaking low trying not to wake Jolin

"How is she?" Kojo stepped into the room slowly, speaking low trying not to wake Jolin. He had a small teddy bear, the stomach read 'Get well soon'.

"She's just tired, lost a lot of blood," I stroked Jolin's hair back, her temperature was back to normal. Her being cold had me on edge but I'm glad she's fine.

The sound of her heart monitor continuing to beep made me sigh.

"Glad she's okay, got this for her," he held the bear up, tucking it into the crease of her arm. "Y'all need anything?"

Kojo's hands were tucked into his jean pockets and he had a worried expression plastered on his face.

"You straight?" I said with my eyebrows raised.

"Can I—uh talk to you right quick? Kind of important," he licked his lips and squirmed around in his spot. He motioned his head toward the door.

"What's up?" I scrunched my eyebrows and followed his head.

"That wasn't my truck," his eyes grew wide and he pursed his lips out taking a deep breath. "I was borrowing this niggas truck to bring they presents and stuff,"

My eyes were large almost bulging out of my head. "Who's car is it?"

"This nigga Mav, let me borrow it for a few days while he went out of town," he gazed around the hallway keeping his eyes on me.

My damn stomach fell to my ass and I knew that truck looked familiar. Mav was the kingpin and I'm sure he's not gone give Kojo a slap on the wrist for this shit.

Although Kojo lead a gang of people, Mav ran them. But I didn't know Kojo was even affiliated with him. I figured they were in two different lanes.

"He don't play 'bout his shit," Kojo shook his head a slight smirk forming on his face. "I ain't even see dude coming, I'm sorry 'bout Lil Jo,"

His smirk dropped and he just shook his head in disappointment. "Dude was not stopping for shit,"

"Jo's straight now, Kojo," I watched the nurses at the service desk and twisted my lip looking at him. "What you gon' do?"

"Shid," he dragged out scratching the back of his head and kept a frown on his face. "Kill him before he kill me," his frown turned into an evil chuckle making me squint my eyes. "We owe him a few thousands,"

Kojo gritted his teeth and I could see the fear in his eyes. He ain't fear nobody but the situation he was in had him feeling some type of way.

"A few thousand?" I cocked my head.

"Like fifty-thousand," he blew out just shaking his head in disappointment. "We got robbed awhile back, that's why I'm using his truck cause mine still getting worked on,"

"Kojo, I—I don't know baby,"

"I don't have too many ideas and I'm pressed for time. I was supposed to drop y'all off and give him his shit back so you do the math,"

"Well, I wasn't really good at math in h—,"

"Genie, I'm serious," he smacked his lips and stuffed his hands in his sweatshirt. "Shit ain't no joke. This nigga crazier than me,"

"You was just making jokes but I can't make none?" I rolled my eyes with irritation.

"Bae, I'm in a tight ass situation right now and I don't know what to do. I just wanna make sure you on my team if shit go left,"

"You know I always got yo' back Kojo. Ain't gotta question my loyalty my word is my bond,"

And I meant that. Wether we had police down our throats or a bounty on our head I was with all the shit. And yeah I said we, we were one in my eyes.

"Good," he said nodding his head, pulling his hood over his head. "I love you and I'ma call you later on,"

"Where you going?" I cocked my head to the side. Grabbing his arm and looking firmly into his eyes "Kojo, don't do no stupid shit,"

"Must not know me," he laughed, rubbing his chin, and pushing his lips together. "My middle name is stupid shit, I'ma be careful though. I gotta assume the worst and go wit' my gut. He the easiest nigga to piss off,"

If I lost Kojo I honestly don't know what I'd do. After meeting him my life changed for the better everything felt like a dream to me. I done had my fair share of fuck niggas and Kojo ain't one.

He was my source of security, almost like I couldn't function without him and I hated that. We took our time but I never fully healed from all my old wounds.

Something happening to him would crush me to pieces and even though I had my siblings back, a part of me would be missing still.

"I love you, Genie," he pulled me into his grasp and swayed side to side. His arms wrapping around me tightly and kissed all over my face. "You not gone say it back,"

His voice humming against my neck. "I love you too," I mumbled lowly against his chest.

"I'll call you baby, aight?"

"Mhm,"

"What bae," he scoffed and pulled away from me. Our eyes locking immediately, those pretty brown
orbs making me melt right where I was standing.

"I don't want nun to happen to you,"

-

short short filler 🤸🏾‍♀️ and two updates in one day whew