𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

"Shit," I huffed and puffed watching my breath turn into cold air

"Gotta catch up kid," Kojo chuckled, running backwards keeping his eyes on me. "For a dancer you outta shape,"

"We don't really train," I rolled my eyes and tried to keep up with his pace, he was slowing down for me. "Why you do this shit so late?"

I took a second to catch my breath, bending over and panting like I was a dog. He had me out here bout to cough up a damn lung.

"Perfect time, ain't nobody out here," he rubbed his cold hands together, breathing into them.

"When I can't sleep at night I do shit like this to help clear my head," he quit walking, putting his hands on his head as he caught his breath. "I done got hungry. Wanna hit up Waffle House? Just a few blocks away,"

"Yeah," I nodded and bit down on my bottom lip, dragging my tired legs through the cement.

"Pick yo' feet up," he smacked his lips and put his arm around my shoulder. It was cool as hell out here and I needed his body heat on me.

We'd been forming a friendship, he was laid back and we got along. He brought out a playful side of me that I didn't know I had.

"Where's Waffle House, my feet hurt," I complained, fluttering my tired eyes dramatically.

"We ain't really go nowhere," he chuckled and shook his head.

"Shit, feels like I just ran a marathon," I relaxed my muscles, coddling up beside him as we approached the glowing yellow sign.

"You ain't even run nowhere, walking like a muhfucka," he laughed and looked down at me.

"I was not walking, that was a jog," I defended myself, crossing my arms and looking away.

"You call that jogging? My granny walk faster than you guh,"

"I bet I'll beat you in a race," I raised an eyebrow, challenging him for something I know I wasn't confident in.

"How much?" He rubbed his face, putting his hood over his head.

"Huh?"

"How much we betting? You said bet,"

"Oh, nah I'm broke," I gritted my teeth and gave him a smile, taking off across the street to Waffle House. I heard his footsteps from behind me, speeding up.

There was a car coming, making him stop before he crossed the street. "I almost got hit, them niggas was not stopping fa' the kid," he shook his head and put me in a headlock.

"You ain't even say none," he smacked his lips and spoke into my ear. "I'ma beat yo' ass,"

"So beat it," I looked over at him as we walked into the restaurant. "Shit, say less,"