𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

(please go add torn to your libraries and read my newest book. it's only got 5 lil chapters and i'm not working on it as much rn so go catch up and show me some love 💓 )

enjoy the chapter 😏 and ignore any errors

"Gigi, I need help wit' my costume," Jolin whined in her room

"Gigi, I need help wit' my costume," Jolin whined in her room. She was Princess Tiana for Halloween and it was about that time to get her out to start trick or treating.

And considering we lived way out in the country we had to be leaving around this time. Kojo and I dressed up as The Flintstones, Gino was BamBam and we wanted to do the whole family but Jolin insisted on being Tiana.

But it was no problem, she wanted to do her own thing and that was cool by me.

I walked into her room, she had the dress on and the whole outfit seemed to be fine. I was confused as to what she could possibly need help with.

"What's wrong?" I scrunched my eyebrows and bent down.

"Can you zip me?" She turned around and I nodded, pulling the zipper up and pushed my body back up.

"Where's your tiara?" I asked her, looking around the room.

"I left it at school," she looked down, she pouted and I just sighed.

"We could've went and got it. I bet the school closed now," I sighed.

"It's okay," she dragged her feet and left out of her room.

We all piled up in the car, Kojo strapped Gino up in his carseat and I'm glad I took pictures before he got juice all over his costume.

He just hummed, sucking on his cup.

"Kojo," Jolin said laughing looking at him as he got in the car.

"What lil' girl?" He looked back at her.

"You look weird," she giggled and I just widened my eyes and sipped on my water.

"You look weird, and yo' sister made me put this on," he glared at me and I just smacked my lips.

"I'ma princess," she said in a duh tone, giving him nothing but sass. "You look like a hobo,"

"You a mean ass lil' princess," he mumbled switching gears and driving down the high driveway. It was like we lived on a mountain.

I just hit his arm and he laughed. The ride was relaxing, he had the heat and seat warmers on. This past year was stress free. Meech was still out here being reckless but he was no longer welcomed in my home.

He was working for some people Kojo didn't like. They were a bunch of fake ass hood niggas that grew up in the suburbs, just wanting to be fake so they could keep this image. It was sick as fuck to me and I had to just cut all ties off. Daddy left the halfway house and he ended up staying with him.

Little does daddy know though, he needs to beat the hell out of him. It frustrated me, we didn't come up like that at all. Daddy did what he needed to do to make sure we were straight, he did all that shit so we didn't even have to.

I just stayed out of his way, ignored his calls when he was begging for a place to rest. He fucked that up for himself, you wanna struggle then there you go.

Now you're really fucking struggling, this the life you begging for. I hope he's learning his lesson.

We made it into town. Kojo told us about a neighborhood he used to trick or treat at as a teenager, they handed out actual candy bars and sometimes money.

He could care less, just wanted to make sure Jolin had a nice little time. She was the only child in the house so we never wanted her to feel left out on anything.

She was starting to notice that she was no longer the baby in the house. She told me one night I didn't love her anymore when that's definitely not true. She will always be my baby but we have to show Gino a little more attention, but now I'm glad she understands it's nothing against her.

When we got out the car, I held onto Jolin's hand while Kojo pushed Gino in his stroller. It was chilly outside so we made sure he was bundled up with a blanket. He should've been a burrito, the way Kojo had him wrapped up.

The houses out here were huge and they had their decorations up like it was a competition. We went up to the first house, there was nothing but a bowl sitting there and Kojo grabbed it.

"It says take one," I rolled my eyes at him, advising him to put it down. "We got candy at the house,"

"I am taking one," he said keeping it in his hand. "One bowl,"

"Put it back," I laughed and I looked down at Jolin who was glaring at him.

"Aight, aight," he said putting it back and grabbed a hand full of candy, putting it in Gino's little bag. "Daddy got us some candy fat man,"

Jolin got her some pieces of candy before we moved onto the next house.

The night was full of laughs and Jolin scolding Kojo for having more candy than him. She was not having it with him, at all.

We headed back to the car and we were ready to make it to Ms. Faye's house. She was gonna decorate some cookies with Jolin and watch the baby while Kojo and I spent some time together for once.

It was getting darker, going on eight at night. We were at a stop light waiting on the light to change, a white Chrysler pulling up beside us at the light. I just kept my eyes ahead watching the cars go by, it was never ending.

I vibrated my lips together and turned back to Jolin, asking her for one of her Reese's but she told me she wasn't sharing her candy. I just respected her decision cause I know at that age I would be stingy too.

Kojo looked down at his phone typing as the light continued to sit on red. The sound of glass shattering and bullets flied through the front of the car, Jolin's screams and the baby's crying was heart wrenching and Kojo pulled his piece trying to fire back but a bullet strucked his chest.

And I just felt my soul leave my body, my vision 𝚐rowing blurry.

-

🥺

now i'm taking my break, so y'all can wait a week for a new update. i was gonna start today but i actually love y'all so much i decided to push something out tonight.

the attack was planned, all apart of the story line and i'm not gonna spoil it for y'all but you can come up w your own theories.

ik this story is a lot 😞 don't threaten me lmao.