𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍.

"Rocky, thank you for babysitting on such short notice

"Rocky, thank you for babysitting on such short notice. I need to get back to work, Meech is at a friends house, but I gave him your number just in case. I love y'all and Jolin, behave," I glared and gritted my teeth at her like she was my child. She just squinted her eyes at me.

"Why do you always have to work at night time?" Jolin crossed her arms and moved her eyes away from me.

"Cause money don't grow on trees," I laughed and moved toward the door, telling them I loved them before leaving the house.

"We love you too. Now get to work, I got everything under control," Rocky waved me off making me rush to get all my stuff together.

I clicked the unlock button on my key, watching my bright lights on my white Lexus flash. I cuddled up with my sherpa, trying to keep warm in this thirty-degree weather.

I made the mistake of getting in my car without warming it up. But, I was already late getting Jolin situated.

The engine revved as I pulled out of the driveway. My phone chimed in my Nike bag, making me wiggle around in my seatbelt to get it out.

Nope. I thought to myself, hoping it was Kojo. It's been a week now with no response and no calls.

Sleeping was rough now that he was gone. I be tossing and turning every night. No sign of where he could be, and it kind of hurt, but this is everything I signed up for.

I should've expected some shit like this to happen.

I did miss him, though, a lot. The empty spot in my bed was replaced with extra pillows, mimicking a body.

I hated sleeping alone. I hated being alone. Shit, I felt alone without him around.

I missed Kojo. And I know he was missing me, there had to be some explanation as to why he wasn't keeping contact with me.

Those crazy-ass thoughts about him being dead did float around my brain. I had to kill them though, they weren't making the situation better.

Spending more time with Rocky and the kids helped. They kept me in a peaceful state of mind. They kept me laughing, smiling, and forgetting everything that worried me.