32: The Concealed

Start from the beginning

"Acha fine roof pe to aik hi dafa mile thay magar phir Statue of Liberty pe bhi to gaye thay hum saath mein." He says rubbing his temple as he grinned to himself and mom blushed.

Omg ! Statue of Liberty.....Aaah !!! Shehry and I went there, too. And definitely made some unforgettable memories.

"Oh haan. Woh to mein...bhool hi gayi thi." She says quietly. "But that was after you proposed to me na." She quickly added.

"And yes ! We even met each other when I proposed to you. Ab bolo. I win, begum." Dad boasts showing a thumbs down and I just sat there smiling to myself, as I hear my parents reminiscing their romantic adventures.

Mom just looks away shyly. "Bachi bari hogayi hai pr abhi bhi wohi bachkaana harkatein hain aapki, jo 20 saal pehlay theen."

"Dil to bacha hai jee." Dad sang and I got down the sofa, landing on the floor and tugged mom closer to dad, in the place I sat. I leaned against their legs, sitting quietly, enjoying their cuteness.

May they always stay happy, united and madly in love with each other, forever and ever.

Mom ran her fingers through my hair and spoke. "Look where we started and where we have reached." She giggled.

"So Nida beta. What do you say, hmm?" She asks sweetly.

I sighed at turned to face them both. "Umm....normally I'd say yes. But ! Is it okay, if I discuss this with Shehry first? And see if he's willing enough to take this step?"

"Of course." They both nodded.

"After all, it's about your lives." Mom adds and I hug both their legs, leaning my head on them.

"Thanks for being so understanding mom and dad. Really." I whispered.

"Honey, it's your right to choose your life partner. Aur....hum to wohi chahein ge na, jo humaari shehzaadi chahay gi." Dad smiled at me, patting my head and I smiled back.

I stood up and giving them each a kiss, I headed towards the elevator. "Ab aap dono so jaayein. Kaafi dayr ho gayi hai."

"Haan, hum bas baat kar ke aatay hain." Dad says and I nod, stepping into the elevator.

Engagement.....As much as I tried to calm myself thinking it's just a little thing, I couldn't. It's a huge ass thing. It'll determine our future together. But...why so soon? Did his parents find out about our relationship, and so decided to get us engaged, so that our relatives or people around us don't get all suspicious?

"Oh." The elevator had already reached the second floor and I was too lost to even notice.

I went into my room and lied down on my bed, still pretty wide awake.

This engagement thing was really getting to me. I wanted to talk to Shehry about this. To hear what he has to say about this.

I text him. I know it's pretty late but....I don't know. I just want to.

Me: Shehry pyaar, you awake? :|

He replied instantly.

Shehry: Neend aani hai kia mujhe? ;)

Me: Kiyun? ;)

Shehry: Bas zindagi mein aa jo gayi ho tum meray hosh uraane, to neend kahaan aani hai. :*

How do I approach the engagement topic? Hmm...

Me: Aww :* Tum bhi na, dialogue maarne se baaz nahi aatay :P Okay, can I call you right now. It's important.

Before I could receive his answer, I receive his call instead. Waah. Speed hai banday ki.

I picked up and hear his hushed up tone.