18 - Don't Take Lan Away,

* * *

" I'm going to send you another job later. You will need to find each and everyone who's participating in the bidding of the file I'll be sending you. Complete background through and through. I'll fill in Hanlu when he comes back. For now, go with the flow. Let them think they're still under control. " Laotian spoke as he took the original file of Veronica Chime.

If the enemy was being too cautious then he needed to be even more careful and secure all the evidence he will be needing.

" Okay, so do I still need to find out who's been with Veronica? " Tian Zi asked nodding feeling the excitement as well. This is the first time his older brother has openly involved him in these kinds of things so he was pumped up all of the sudden.

"No need, father said he would make the arrangements. But if you still have time to spare, do it." Laotian spoke thinking it would be useless to spend time on finding out who's the father of the baby since the woman had been instructed to be cautious. It will only waste their time which the enemy would be happy to know.

This could also be part of their plan, distracting them by making Laotian try to find out who actually fathered the baby Veronica was carrying when in fact it didn't matter at all.

" Okay, got it. " Tian Zi nodded. Their conversation quickly ended after that and when they came out, Daniel and the rest were back in the living room.

" Mo Laotian! " the second Laotian was in the sight, Laura Mo yelled diverting her attending from Luangmin who's now silently playing on the carpet with the supervision of his new nanny not far away from him.

" What did you say to that poor child? Veronica was rushing out after talking to you! " Mrs. Mo accused which Laotian ignore walking to the single chair and sat.

" I didn't say anything, Mother. " Laotian replied with his usual monotone expression. He then shifted his attention to Daniel who's happily gobbling up the cheesecake. When their eyes locked, Laotian extended his arm urging Daniel to come and sit on his lap. Daniel hesitated at first but he moved anyway taking with him the saucer plate with his cheesecake on it.

" Honey, Veronica is an actress. Maybe she had something she needed to do. " Mo Chendong spoke interrupting. 

" Yeah. Yeah mother, so just chill. She's a movie star so she's no doubt a busy person. " Tian Zi cooed then he held his mother's shoulder massaging it and slowly made the middle-aged woman sitting on the couch. Mrs. Mo also thought about it and nodded thinking maybe that was really the case. 

" Okay, but in any case, you tried to threaten that poor child I will be your enemy. " Laura Mo warned, Laotian just replied with a " Yes Mother, " boringly. Clearly, Veronica had caught his mother's favor but at the same time when the truth finally comes out. The actress didn't know Laura Mo was actually a very difficult enemy as well. She could crush anyone if she wanted to so Laotian kinda liked that his mother was acting this way towards the actress.

" And Hanlu? Where is he now? Did you tell him to go back? " 

" Yes, he's on his way. He might arrive tomorrow in the afternoon. " Laotian replied, his attention not to his Mother but to Daniel as he held the saucer plate on his hand to help the Omega with his cheesecake. 

" Good! I've asked someone to come and pick up Ian and Lan so we could settle this already and know what your brother's decisions are. They'll arrive here soon," Laura Mo informed and as if on cue, someone was at the main door. One of the maids came to open the front door and later on comes in Ian and Lan, Lan was still on his school uniform while Ian was casually dressed as he awkwardly walked inside the mansion with a large duffle bag.