64 - More Black-Bellied than her Husband

* * *

Veronica woke up on her bed, she didn't know how she got home from Mo Hanlu's place but she's there now on her bed and she's still wearing the same floral white and yellow maternity dress that she left with this morning.

Shifting from her position, she decided to get up and step out of her bed. She was still half dazed but the first thing she thought was to drink. She had always liked drinking and so being pregnant will not stop her from doing it.

Veronica soon went to her closet where she was hiding a bottle of red wine. She scanned for it among her clothes and when she found it, she quickly popped it open and drank straight from its bottle squatting on her carpeted floor.

*Sighs* Gulps.

Sighing as she gulps down the bittersweet beverage. Veronica was finally awake, her body was a bit sluggish and her neck slightly hurt. She quickly remembered what happened before she fainted earlier that she soon again brought the mouth of the bottle close to her lips before gulping down on its content.

Her mind was completely out of focus thinking of her situation as she realized it now. Days ago she never thought something like this would happen to her. She never thought her career would be in graver danger lying to the public. She had always thought that as long as she marries Hanlu in the end, this child's father didn't matter. Alas now, she realized its importance.

Now, she had to think of something that enables her to still secure her career even after everything is revealed. Or if not, at least maybe salvaging anything that she can and after that, she can go abroad. Veronica gulped down another mouthful of the bittersweet beverage and continued to do so until she finished half of the bottle.

". . ." Finally, calming down, Veronica hid her wine among her clothes again before standing up. She staggered a little so she held onto the wall for support. She slowly trailed the way to her kitchen and there she found her new housekeeper cleaning like the usual.

Her late lunch was long served on the table for her to eat so without talking she headed straight to the table realizing that she was hungry.

Ever since she fired Remi, her daily routine had been a mess. Remi was the one who always reminds her to wake up early, eat properly, work out, sleep early, and even study her lines and character. She was also the one who does all Veronica's household chores, cleaning, laundry, grocery, and cooking that when she was gone, everything was out of order and forcing her to hire a temporary helper to at least lighten the chores she needed to do alone after Remi had left.

Now that Veronica had thought of it, because of Remi, her career had been made easier since she was the type who likes to just laze around most of the time. She needed a person to remind her of her schedule. And now that she fired Remi, things were not the way they were.

"Turn on the TV to the entertainment channel," Sitting on the chair as she flipped her plate since it had been upside down, Veronica ordered the housekeeper. The housekeeper didn't wait for a second as she complied immediately.

She turned the TV On and switched the channel to the entertainment channel before the housekeeper resumed her job while keeping her eyes vigilant on her target.

Unknown to her current employer, she was not just a normal housekeeper. She was a professional killing machine trained by the Mo Household to follow orders at any time.

And because her mercenary work had been considerably getting lesser by the past years, she was very excited when she was appointed to spy on the actress. The mission was not only to spy and report information to the headquarters but to also secure the target in case something happens, for example, the target running away or worst-case scenario, unprecedented assassination.