133 - He Called to Apologize

* * *

"Laotian, what are you doing here?" Daniel exclaimed excitedly as he hastily marched towards his husband. The moment he reached him, as always, Laotian carefully caught him with his smile still plastered on his lips.

"Careful you," he whispered as they hugged affectionately. He was very delighted that finally after weeks of waiting and reciprocating, he could finally see and hug his beloved family.

"Why are you here? Are your wounds okay now?" Pouting as he frowned at Laotian, Daniel repeated his question before he carefully touched the area where he remembered Laotian's wound was.

"I'm fine. I received the doctor's permission. I didn't tell you because I wanted to surprise you," Laotian said while he caressed Daniel's pinkish cheeks, his eyes looked at his beautiful amber before it dropped on his lips. He wanted to kiss Daniel so badly but he suppressed himself thinking he shouldn't be so impatient now that Daniel is in front of him.

"Ahw, you should've told me so Mom and I could have prepared something for you," Daniel continued to pout as they finally separated from their hug.

"It's okay, I was looking forward to seeing your reaction," Laotian said before his eyes shifted to see Diane who was currently walking towards them while carrying Luangmin. When they finally reached the couple, Laotian briefly thanked Diane and picked the excited Luangmin from her arms.

"Dada, why onlwy come now?" Luangmin complained, feeling his father's familiar touch and voice as he wrapped his arms around his neck. Even though they weren't really close due to Laotian's work schedule and only been together when Daniel was at the hospital, Luangmin was quick to get attached that now he missed his father so much.

"I'm sorry, Dada was sick but I'm okay now," Laotian cooed, caressing his son's back while he smiled helplessly. He honestly still didn't like children overall but he was genuinely okay with his and Daniel's offspring that he felt like he wanted to spoil Luangmin at this moment. Even though this son of his greatly reminded him of himself instead of Daniel, he can't deny that Luangmin was too adorable for a baby especially when he picked up mostly Daniel's habits.

"Hmmkway, is Dada reawwy okway now?" Luangmin asked, burying his face against his father's neck. When Laotian hummed okay, Luangmin smiled and tightened his hug.

"Then Minmin fowgive Dada," Luangmin mumbled still hugging Laotian, making Daniel, Diane, and Laotian laugh at how cute he was.

"Come on inside, Laotian." Diane invited, still chuckling. Daniel also nodded in agreement because it was rather windy outside and he was afraid Luangmin would catch a cold.

"Come on, let me show you around," Daniel said excitedly and led Laotian inside. Daniel grew up at this house and of course, it was natural for him to get excited showing his beloved person the place he grew up in.

"You two stay here and catch up. I'll be just in the kitchen," Diane said as soon as they reached the living room to which Laotian nodded with a respectful smile. When it was only him and Daniel was left, Laotian slightly swayed Luangmin on his arms.

"How's his sight?" Laotian asked, making Daniel's earlier excitement dispersed being reminded of Luangmin's result earlier. He suddenly became silent and sighed dejectedly remembering that his precious son's sight had not come back yet.

"T-there's no improvement in his condition yet," Daniel replied with a low spirit. He's like that for a quick 5 seconds then later forces out a smile. "But I'm sure he'll get better in a few days. I heard Lan could already see a little. The doctor said it might be because he's too young to heal his body," Daniel added while caressing Luangmin's back, he had only just been in his father's arms, and quickly it looked like he's asleep already.