12 - It's Hanlu's

* * *

Flabbergasted by the sudden information, Remi Long immediately questioned Laotian wanting a reasonable explanation. Veronica, on the other hand, felt as if Mo Laotian's word replayed in her mind like a broken cassette tape.

Her mind instantly thought of her future with her fame falling down.

" Ms. Long, as the Chairman of this company, I simply don't want to hire your artist anymore and waste my money. " Mo Laotian replied glaring at the woman who dared to question his decision.

If he was to find someone as the face of the Empire brand, Laotian wouldn't choose a face that had already been overly commercialized. Veronica might be famous but her face was too redundant. It wouldn't be good for the company, the brand would look just like the other brands, insincere. Laotian would rather use a face that was not too known to the public.

" Mr. Mo, please let me convince you. My artist had been a really great help to your company for the past years. If you suddenly drop her, her fans wouldn't like that and it might affect your company's reputation. " Remi Long convinced desperately. If Veronica can't have this job then she would be branded as outdated, Remi can't let that happen.

" My people helped the company, not your artist. My decision is final, there won't be a new contract. " Laotian repeated and this time directed his aura to Remi Long causing her to tremble in fear even though Remi was a Beta and can't feel pheromones. Laotian's glare was enough for her to understand that she overstepped her boundary.

Disappointment quickly swallowed Remi's mind, seeing that Mo Laotian was at the door already, she was to face Veronica when the actress suddenly stepped forward.

" I-I'm pregnant. " Veronica squeaked gripping on to her stomach. She was indeed pregnant. She first thought to use this method but lost her chance but now she had no choice. Veronica was never planning to keep the baby. She wanted to be famous, to be known to the world and a baby was never in the plan. But if she could use the baby to reach her goals then so be it.

Although she was desperate to be together with Hanlu, she didn't want to do it this way. She wasn't ready to take up the responsibility. The Mo Family had been desperate for a grandchild and Veronica knew that from Hanlu. She was never gonna accept a housewife's life. But if it's going to open her a new path then she would gladly accept it.

" Vicky? What are you talking about? "

" I'm Pregnant and it's Hanlu's. Mr. Mo, I know you don't like me but if you let me sign a new contract and help me win this year's best actress award then I won't make this matter public. " Veronica faced Mo Laotian with all her courage.

" . . . " After hearing the woman's words, Laotian didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He walked back to his chair again and sat there peering at the greedy woman. Mo Laotian only wanted the woman away from Mo Hanlu but seeing the situation now, he will need to put the woman back to her place.

" You're pregnant and it's Hanlu's? " Laotian started, a bone-chilling smile flashed on his lips as he talked. Did the actress really wanted to make him believe that? If he was indeed pregnant with Hanlu's, Laotian does not believe the woman would not come running towards Hanlu's doorsteps the second she knew that.

" Yes. " Veronica replied using all her years of acting experience. Earlier Veronica's eyes had a slight hesitation but now she stood facing Mo Laotian with all confidence. If she reveals to the media that she was pregnant, people would immediately believe it was Hanlu's. By that time, she would have enough time to figure the rest out but at this moment she really needs that contract signed.

" And you want me to believe that? " Mo Laotian asked amused. The woman in front of her was very stupid! Desperately Stupid! Does she actually believe he would be so credulous enough to believe her obvious lies?