148 - Overwhelming Worry

* * *

"I-It was Susan Sullen, your biological mother," Laotian revealed, making Daniel's eyes slightly open wide. To say that he was not surprised and hurt a little would be a lie since Susan Sullen was still his biological mother, but he could definitely see the woman do it to him. He was the reason why she and Daniella were in prison at the mental institute so he could imagine the woman getting angry with him for living a happy and carefree life like she thought her beloved daughter would have had.

But the question was, how was the woman able to plot something so cruel against him when he could have sworn Laotian said that he would never allow the woman to get out of the mental facility for his and their children's safety. And was it even possible for an insane woman to talk and hire a person to hurt someone from the outside?

"W-What? H-how?" Daniel asked, still thinking how the woman was able to do it.

"It was your uncle. He paid the hospital to take Susan Sullen out, he planned to take her to Canada but without knowing, Susan Sullen was already able to hire someone to harm you after knowing you were pregnant again and living a happy life with me," Laotian said, his expression relieved that it didn't seem like it affected his wife as much as he had imagined it would be when he learned what the woman had done.

Meanwhile, hearing Laotian's revelation, Daniel remembered the day when his biological uncle came to visit him more than a month ago. He thought the old man must have felt so guilty for what his little sister did to him that he went and meet him for the first time. He could imagine how Laotian reacted when his uncle came and asked to visit him.

"So this was why uncle kept on apologizing to me that day and was very relieved when the twins were fine," Daniel said and sighed helplessly. It's not that he would blame his uncle for it, he had done nothing wrong. He only wanted his little sister to be closer to him. However, if this was revealed to him that very day where his heart was very fragile, it would have impacted him negatively than knowing it today. He's very thankful once again for having such a considerate husband.

"I didn't want him to meet you at first but George Sullen told me otherwise," Laotian added and this time his eyes went down to Daniel's stomach that suddenly moved due to his caresses.

"I bet you gave him a hard time," Daniel chuckled and hugged Laotian before kissing him on his cheek and later leaned forward so he could bury his face against the Alpha's neck. Laotian hummed at the act and hugged Daniel back.

"Thank you, Laotian, for telling me all of this. For being so considerate of me all this time. I know you're worried about how I would react about this, but please don't. Although I can't say that I was not hurt a little, she's my biological mother of course however, I would never feel bad about it ever again. I have you to protect me and our children to make me happy. You have given me everything and still giving me everything and that's enough. Susan Sullen doesn't hurt me like she used to anymore and I know that's the last time from her," Daniel said hiding against the Alpha's neck.

This was his true feelings. He grew up without Susan Sullen as his mother. He once craved for this motherly love but he gave up the moment he left the Sullen residence. If the Alpha was worried to tell him the fact that his biological mother hurt him, then he should tell Laotian to not worry because he doesn't feel anything towards the woman that would impact him greatly.

"She will never be able to hurt us again so please don't treat me as if I would break anytime because I won't Laotian. I promise. I'm trying to be braver so I want you to feel at ease. You don't have to through great lengths alone just to protect my feelings every time... and instead, we can go through things together, support each other like what we promised when we married," Daniel finished and this time he held Laotian's cheeks so they would look at each other's eyes.