143 - What Happened (1)

* * *

"David, Jordan Bronson is right! No matter what reason he has, whether it's justified or not, if he's going to harm me or my family then I will do everything in my power to protect us. He's not wrong for doing this and whether you like it or not, one of us will have to die tonight," Laotian said, dropping David's heart. He knew none of the two would back down from this but is it too much to wish for them both to be fine? He cared for both equally despite how it looks.

"And that I agree," Jordan scuffs before he pulls the trigger and aims at David. It was so sudden it caught Laotian off guard but it was only for a quick moment as he quickly raised his gun and shot Jordan on his leg, making him fall onto the ground moaning his curses.

Laotian quickly ran towards David and inspected where he was shot. It was unmistakable that Jordan hated his father but Laotian didn't think the Omega would shoot his father since despite being the cruelest person, he didn't think an Omega would do something this cold-hearted. It's a thought he grew up with, he thought Omegas are naturally caring people no matter how they grew up. It's their nature. But then again, seeing the situation now, he was proven wrong.

He thought that despite what Omega was saying, he still cared for David and only did this because he wanted recognition or attention from his father.

"Y-Young Master, p-please forgive m-my son," David was still able to say despite having a hole in his body.

"Don't talk," Laotian said and quickly fished out his mobile phone. He didn't know if Nigel and his team were still alive during the earlier collision since he quickly left the area following Jordan's escaping figure, however, since the gunshots soon after ended, he believed the man should go to where he was soon.

Laotian quickly dialed for emergency and called for an ambulance. It was not his character to panic, but seeing so much blood from David he forgot to unarm Jordan that while Laotian was pressing on the old man's wound giving his current location to the person on the other line of the phone call, Jordan was aiming at him.

From then on everything went fast, before anyone at the scene could sink in what had happened, a gunshot echoed across the hall and later followed a man falling on the ground with a loud thud.

* * *

Reading his magazine, Daniel suddenly overheard Luangmin's loud bawls coming from where he was. It's still past 8 pm and too early to sleep but because Luangmin was tired from playing all day with his cousin, he fell asleep very quickly after dinner but now, it was pretty unusual for this little guy to cry just because of a nightmare. Most of the time, the little boy wouldn't cry, he would just wake up from his nightmare, climb down his crib and lay beside Daniel, and sleep again.

With a helpless smile on his lips, Daniel walked towards his son's crib and pat him on his bun gently hoping that it'll make him feel better somehow because he couldn't lift him for a hug like before.

"Shhh, it's okay, Minmin. Mommy's here for you," Daniel whispered as he continually soothes his son while humming. Thankfully, the little man soon calmed down as he shifted in his sleep looking at a comfortable spot on his bed but not long after the little man woke up calling upon Daniel.

"Mommy," Luangmin called as he sat up, wiping his damp lashes.

"Yes, Baby? Did you have a bad dream?" Daniel asked to which Luangmin quickly replied with a nod, his lips trembling with a pout remembering his dream so he was trying to keep himself from crying.

"Hmmn, can I sweep with Mommy?" Luangmin said, his voice was as if about to cry still so Daniel quickly nodded.

"Ahw, of course, Baby. Do you want to talk about it?" Daniel said and urged the little boy to stand and step out of his crib. They walked towards the bed and laid comfortably, hugging each other.