𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄.

Nothing but eyes over here

Nothing but eyes over here. They'd stare and point, mostly at Kojo but he didn't seem to care. He was used to people judging him for what he did. His mama did it all the time so he was numb to it. But I ain't like it, this is a place of worship and these people in here gossiping.

"Quit staring over there," Kojo nudged me but I just watched them. Probably don't even know shit about this boy, but swear they know everything.

"Genie," Kojo spoke in a firm tone but low enough for only me to hear.

"What?" I scrunched my eyebrows and snapped my neck toward him.

"What you looking over there fo?" He asked.

"They talking 'bout you,"

"You think I care what some old ladies think? They finna die soon anyways, let em talk," he shrugged and the look on his face was blank.

"You so ignorant," I pressed my lips together and shook my head, watching people scramble around before the afternoon service started.

We were late to the early morning service, Ms. Faye liked to go to both for some reason. But after Meech got ready we stopped for breakfast

"Gigi," Jolin said tapping my arm.

"Huh?" I looked down at her and she wore a cheeky smile on her face. "Why does that boy have a dress on?"

"Cause he gay," Meech said looking at the flamboyant male who continued to walk through the pews and found a seat on the opposite side of us. "That's what he wanna do, ain't none of yo business,"

"That's not a nice word," She scolded Meech and he just shook his head.

"That's what it's called Jo," I gritted my teeth and shrugged my shoulders.

"My teacher told me not to say that. So it's not a bad word?" She faced me.

"It's not something you need to be calling anybody at school. It just means he likes boys," I sighed not wanting to have another deep conversation at this moment.