Chapter 23.

Roman

I open my eyes to the rays of the sun coming in through the window. Fucking hell why does it have to be so bright? After getting my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I look up at the clock for the time and see that it's 9:39am. Wheels up is at 3:00pm but we'll be leaving base at about 2:00pm to get to the air station.

I look to my side and I smile softly at how tightly Jalil is holding onto my pinky finger. He's absolutely gorgeous with his hair splayed over the pillow, lips slightly pouted, and his adorable little snores.

Yesterday, I'd been overwhelmed on his appreciation of the little we could put together in a hurry to resemble a date. It wasn't the most glorious setting or the most romantic gesture and yet he still appreciated it like I took him to a five star hotel with a buffet of foods I can't pronounce. And then after coming back to the room, the piercings had caught me off guard. Prior to that I'd only seen part of Jalil's torso and that was when it was bruised by Stupid. The piercings are so beautiful and with his nipples super sensitive I know I'd have a lot of fun with that.

However, for now I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face before proceeding to the cafeteria to get some black tea for Jalil and a bottle of water for me. He'll probably go out of his mind if he knows I went all the way to the cafeteria to get this. But the fear is that any strain or stress can make a stitch pop since it was my lower abdomen area. With some bread slices and scrambled eggs heaped on the plate I push the tray back to the room. There's nothing as romantic as breakfast in bed, surrounded with the smell of medicine and sickness, note the sarcasm.

"Baby wake up and have some breakfast." This is the first nightmare free night in days so I feel bad for waking him up but, he needs to eat something.

"Hmm come back in 200 years." He mumbles back.

"You'll be dead in 200 years now get up and eat."

"Why do you hate me so much" He lets out with a whine. Hate? I'm waking you up to eat that's love in my book.

"You're being dramatic, there's black tea with some honey just like you love it." I know that gets his attention because he opens his eyes and groggily sits up with arms stretched out. I chuckle before handing him his cup of tea.

"Grazie." He whispers softly. I get really horny when he speaks Italian. It's like he's seducing me without an effort.

"I love when you speak Italian." I say to him.

"I'll speak it more if you speak German like you did....." he's blushing seriously at this point.

"Deal."He rushes off to go brush his teeth quickly before coming to eat the eggs and bread slices and the remainder of his tea. We pretty much eat in silence, only occasionally feeding each other some food.

For the rest of the morning and early afternoon we purchase Jalil's plane ticket back to school for next week, take our showers, I get a haircut and a shave, we might have made out a little or maybe a lot, and I clean out all my equipments. Although, the last part might have made Jalil squeak more than once when I cocked my service side arm or when the blade of my knife glistened under the natural light.

At about 1:00pm Jalil had insisted that we go hang out in the general area with the other operators, specifically Elijah, Lisa, Joe (Tierney, Mane) and Callum. So hand in hand we make our way there.